Help needed with z500 bike, parts etc

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Help needed with z500 bike, parts etc

Postby duds500 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 am

Hi All
First time on here and was wondering if anyone could help, I have been in and out of hospital for about a year now after a huge crash and think its about time to get a project.
Was wondering if anyone had any z500 parts 1979-1982 going for cheap or a complete bike working or not for cheap. Money is very tight and im not due back to work for at least another 8-12 months so im happy to get anything I can with the little funds I have.
I want it to be a 2 year project so any little thing would help.
Im not asking for people to feel sorry for me I just need and what another z500 to stop me going crazy.
I posted this on another forum as I really would love to get one.

Thanks Everyone.
Stay safe.
duds500

Bike: Don't have one
State: Queensland

Re: Help needed with z500 bike, parts etc

Postby tim » Fri May 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Gday and welcome. Bad news on the crash mate hope recovery goes well!! I'm no help on Z500's but out of interest, why that particular bike? Hopefully someone can help you out.
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby duds500 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Tim
Recovery has been to long and way to slow this is the longest I have gone without a bike hahaha
I have rebuilt 1 or 2 in the past and the last one was taken from me due to a huge crash which was not my fault, so im still upset I lost the bike and now its time to spend a great deal of time building one from the ground up and making it look and ride great.
I have some great ideas and im going crazy not being able to do anything about it.
I guess I just love the looks and the way they ride.
Cheers Luke
duds500

Bike: Don't have one
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 pm

don't currently have a z500, but have had one in the past - they are a great little bike, with a good 4-1 they sound almost as good as a z900! ;) Had a few issues sorting out the carbies because this little jigger just did not like running on with pod filters......but it went like a dog shot in the arse when you were on it........

Can't find a pic at the moment but will bung one up when I do.

These models are getting harder to find, ebay is your best bet or seeing as you are up in Qld - get in touch with the local Z Owners club. They might have some leads on any local examples available - talk to Mick Du Hamel, top bloke knows his Zeds, tell him Gos sent ya ;)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion