KH100 gearbox question

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Re: KH100 gearbox question

Postby DannyBoy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Cheers red_dave! Except that links take me to the MotoGP tipping thread. Send again?
DannyBoy

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: South Australia

Postby red_dave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Oops... My Mistake ;)

Better join up anyway, hey...
red_dave
Team Kuda
Team Kuda

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Postby Gosling1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 pm

DannyBoy wrote:......- Do I look into rebuilding the carb and returning it to stock?
- Should I look at replacing points, coil and condenser? I already have a spare condenser.....

what mods have been done to the carb? Normally a carb kit for one of these little Mikuni's will only consist of the float bowl gasket, a needle & seat, maybe a new pilot jet and a main jet ? google 'keyster' kits.

Normally a tune-up on these old jiggers would consist of replacing points and condenser only, not the ignition coil. Unless the coil has shorted internally, you can probably leave it alone. Does this motor kick over or start easily ?

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby DannyBoy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi Gosling1,

You have been super helpful so far. I must say a big thank you.

I picked this thing up in a sad state so I am not sure as to mods to the carb but I guess the idea of paying it some attention was just in case it had been modded. I am tending to think there have been no mods, and my mechanic says to change the needle and seat during the rebuild so I think this is what I will do. I will look into Keyster. Thanks for the advice. :)

The motor has ALWAYS kicked over 1st or 2nd kick so I presume I will leave ignition componentry well alone.

Here's hoping I'll have this little smoker up and running in a week or two before the weather gets too shitty to ride. :)
DannyBoy

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: South Australia

Previous

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion