Z750 prices???

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Z750 prices???

Postby Dutch » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:40 pm

Hi guys im new here. Im looking to buy a Z750 this week if all goes well, but would like to know of anybodies experience buying them. ie. how much they ended up paying inc. on roads and if they got anything thrown in. Just so i have a better idea of how much i can get the bike for. Also any opinions of the sales staff at any kawasaki dealers in sydney would be helpful. Cheers

Dutch
Dutch

re: Z750 prices???

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:25 pm

you may wanna speak to james, he was having thoughts of selling his z750, and a mighty fine specimen it is too
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Nanna10r » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:05 am

Welcome Dutch hope you get a good one......... oh wait they dont make bad zeds. Talk to James & maybe Tony will have some Hot tips as well.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby Wannabe » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:14 am

Dutch. No idea about Sydney dealers etc, but as far as pricing goes, I've seen them selling from $10,990 - $12,000 ride-away.
Personally I wouldn't be paying any more than about $11,000 ride-away. Try to get a seat-cowl thrown in with the deal 'cause they look cool and are quite expensive to buy separately.
$11,000 is what I paid for mine but it was the middle of winter and the dealer was keen to sell a bike ... I guess I had some leverage :wink:

Have you had a test ride yet? Good luck with it all!

Tony
Ride Naked!!!
Wannabe
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Dutch » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:43 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I might look at a second hand bike if i cant get the finance i want but right now id like to get a brand new bike i can look after.

Wannabe, about $11000 ride away is what i was expecting to pay but the dealers i have rung around have only quoted me the RRP of $11290 plus on roads taking that to about $12800.

Ill be taking one for a burn tomorrow as i come off my p's tomorrow :D. Hopefully ill have one by next week. Also Wannabe did you have to wait long for your bike when you bought it? did they have to order it in, or did they have it there?

Thanks Guys

Dutch
Dutch

Postby KLR » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:03 pm

I love tyre kickin, when it comes to the Shepparton one it is rideaway so if you get it unregistered you will get it cheaper and all interstate dealers ship bikes for about $100 extra bucks.

The person buying my ZX6R is flying up from Vic to buy my bike. The way airfares are these days it works out pretty cheap.

I would just ring the dealers in Sydney and play them off against one another.

http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desktop ... ikepointau

brisbane

http://www.bikesales.com.au/pls/bikesal ... el_id=1928

bankstown

http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desktop ... ikepointau

Shepparton
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby KLR » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:05 pm

or these 05's in Ferntree Gully in Vic

http://www.bikesales.com.au/pls/bikesal ... el_id=1928

geez I had better stop.
Nothing At All.
KLR
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Wannabe » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:08 pm

My bike was in stock when I bought it Dutch.

Don't get sucked into paying full retail on one mate.
There are really good deals out there, you just need to do your research.
And when you find them, use them as ammo against your local dealers.

If you buy a bike locally, you're likely to get treated nicer when you take it in for servicing etc but it ain't worth getting bent over a barrel for it :lol:

Check out the links that Blue636 has posted. They represent a good example of what is out there.
Oh, and remember to test ride, test ride, test ride. Go take one for a good ride.
Hell take a few different bikes for a ride while you're at it.
Better to do it now before you put your hard earned down.

Go get 'em - good luck 8)
Last edited by Wannabe on Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ride Naked!!!
Wannabe
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Dutch » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:21 pm

Yeah, ive seen those ads on the web, theres also one for $11k ride away on the central coast near sydney. I dont really wanna buy my bike interstate cause of the hassle, although if i was buying a second hand bike i might.

Friday im gonna go testride the Z750, FZ6 and the SV650S which should be very fun. Ive kept myself from temptation by not riding anything over 250CC 's while i was on my P's.

Ill be definately going of the 11k inc. on roads with a seat cowl deal especially since i know it can be done. Woohoo, cant wait! :D
Dutch

Re: re: Z750 prices???

Postby Ratmick » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:30 pm

Dutch wrote:Friday im gonna go testride the Z750, FZ6 and the SV650S which should be very fun. Ive kept myself from temptation by not riding anything over 250CC 's while i was on my P's.

Mate, they're the exact bunch I plan on riding when the next bike is due...let us know how you go.
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby aardvark » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:58 pm

I looked at a Z750 with 2,500 kays on it at my local Kwakka dealer. They were asking 8 (or was it 9?) big ones for it. I think they've sold it now.
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Dutch » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Ratimick, i took all three bikes for a test ride today and i have to say, the Z750 was the pick of the bunch by far.

Im a bit short and i thought i might have problems stopping at lights and such but i just had to make do with flatfooting my left foot and keeping my right on the pegs.

The Z was smooth and had fuckin heaps of power, it was so awesome. My only complaint was that in first gear at about 6k revs it was a bit viby, im not sure why but hopefully mine wont be like that .

The Sv650 was also very nice, very smooth, and very nice to ride, but it didnt have the excitement that the Z gave me. They were trying to get rid of their '04 stock as well and they were only $10,250 ride away.

Lastly the FZ6. I really didnt like this bike, it was really jerky from takeoff. It was almost like learning to drive again and bunnyhopping away from the lights at one point. The gearbox wasnt as smooth as either the Z of the SV.

Im still in negotiations at the moment as my loan hasnt been approved yet, but im definately going to be getting the Z :D
Dutch

Postby Ratmick » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:53 pm

Dutch wrote:Ratimick, i took all three bikes for a test ride today and i have to say, the Z750 was the pick of the bunch by far.

Woo hoo, roll out the Z!

Many thanks for the feedback, almost makes it not worth me going through the same thing and just taking a Z!

Thanks again 8)
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby Wannabe » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:48 pm

Dutch wrote: Ratimick, i took all three bikes for a test ride today and i have to say, the Z750 was the pick of the bunch by far <snip>
The Z was smooth and had fuckin heaps of power, it was so awesome.
My only complaint was that in first gear at about 6k revs it was a bit viby,
im not sure why but hopefully mine wont be like that

Dutch, unfortunately they're all like that.
Must be something to do with how the engine is mounted or the chassis design :?
not really sure though...
If it makes you feel any better, I was also concerned that it might be an issue, but after 8 months riding my Z750 almost every day, I can say that I don't even think about it anymore. Adds a bit of character you might say :wink:
If you were to do a lot of open road cruising/touring it might be an issue though.
At approx 130kph in top you'll be right in the 'vibe' zone. Extended periods with that vibration may not be a whole heap of fun.
Ride Naked!!!
Wannabe
Warming up
Warming up

Postby slojo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:12 pm

heya stu!
congrats on getting ur fulls mate. yeah go the Z! have u sold off the cibby yet? :D
slojo
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Next

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion