Another Zed in the Shed !!!!

All Old Skool kawasaki discussion - pre 90's

Another Zed in the Shed !!!!

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:10 pm

Yes, its true. This baby was just too good to let slip .....

back over Xmas, this little Zeddie was advertised on flea-bay. A local (ACT) bike - no rego, not running. It had clutch problems and carbie problems......so they said.....

It was advertised at a starting price of $600. Pick-up only.......

and thats what I paid for it. $600. :P :P I was the only bidder.....(apparently 20 watchers :? )

ProblemChild and myself went over to pick it up a couple of weeks ago, on a Tuesday arvo. When we got there, we found a 1980 z650 (last model 650), with most of its stock fittings still on it !! It did have a 4-1, and a dodgy rear rack, but by and large it was all there and mostly stock. Some idiot had started an abo-chrome (siliverfrost) paint job on the fork legs and calipers, headlight shell, instrument shell etc, but that was about the only bad thing.

I couldn't load it on the trailer quick enough. We loaded up at 4.30pm.......

......and by 7.30pm I was flogging it around the local streets............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spent the next 2 days sorting out minor issues - clutch slip = seized cable, swapped the standard 26mm slide carbs for a spare set of 34mm CV carbs off a z750 ( its great to have spare parts just lying around ;) ), tidied up and re-packed the muffler, tidied up some dodgy wiring.........and on the Friday morning, it passed rego inspection no worries !!! :D

So now this little Zeddie is my daily commuter hack. The MFP12 has been retired from daily commuting duties, and inside 12 months I reckon this baby will have paid for itself in fuel and tyre savings......

The photos were taken just after we rolled it off the trailer at home - it hadn't even been cleaned. I ride it almost every day to work, its got a good tight engine, no rattles, its very comfy, has enough ooomph to stay ahead of the traffic, but is economical as buggery :shock: .

Last edited by Gosling1 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Re: Another Zed in the Shed !!!!

Postby bonester » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 pm

Awesome mate! I'm a big fan of the cheap old commuter type Kwaka! :D
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Nanna10r » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 am

T'wood Look FLASH AS in Lime Green Poddy ?. Leave it at PC's & see what happens ;)

So whats the go rotating 3 bikes through rego now or ?.
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Postby robracer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:28 am

What a bargan Gos, so just how do you convince the missus you need another bike :shock:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby aardvark » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am

Good pick up mate. It seems such a waste to use it as a commuter tho, when it'd make a fantastic historic racer. :D
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Glen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Nice score Gos. Is that a Tranzac zorst?
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby robracer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 pm

aardvark wrote:Good pick up mate. It seems such a waste to use it as a commuter tho, when it'd make a fantastic historic racer. :D

Naa too hard..... it would be in the Forgotten Era class up against the Unlimited bikes & get left in their dust :cry:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby the kid » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Oh very well done Sir Gos . Bravo .
And by the way what is that green thing under the cover in Kwacka parking lot ???
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

State: Victoria

Postby Gosling1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:12 pm

cheers boys - I am really happy with the new addition to the rack.....

Ponti - I only normally have 1 bike regoe'd for a full 12 months, and up until now that has been the MFP12. But this Xmas has seen some weird shit happening with reg........

The MFP12 has currrent sticker through to September....I will bung 6 months on it then , and probably only keep it regoe'd for 6 months each year from Oct-March.

The Black Pearl always gets 3 months every summer, and its current rego runs out in March....it won't be renewed until December.

The KLz750MX gets 3 or 6 months rego every now and then, and currently has 6 months worth which expires in about March as well........it doesn't get ridden over winter either, so no rego renewal until about Sep/Oct.

and now the 6fiddy......it got 6 months through to July this year. I will bung 12 months on it in July, as its going to be the #1 commuter hack now......

so at the moment there are 4 rego'ed bikes in the stable :shock: - normally its only 1 or 2, and 3 months rego is only $140, so its not too hard to keep more than 1 regoe'd over summer........having the option for 3 or 6 months, or a normal 12 months, is bloody great. If I pulled my finger out, I could have 2 zeds on club rego now, at $75 for full 12 months !!! Nice Sunday bikes....

Rob - she had no idea how much tyres were on the 12 !!! :lol: :lol: Once I showed her the sums, the rest was easy ( but finding a cheap runner like this one is the hard bit) - the link to this e-bay auction was sent to me by 2 members of different forums in 2 days :lol: , so thank god for the Interweb is all I can say. :D

Jase - Rob is on the money - too slow for Forgotten Era ( if they ever had a 750 class an early wire-wheel 650 would be a good choice)

Glen - not sure about the zorst, no markings of any type. Once I repacked it, it sounded heaps good.

Billy - that green thing is ProblemChilds GpZ750 - Eddie Junior - I was riding it last winter while the MFP12 was getting a blingectomy. Its a great little bike. Here is a video of me giving it the berries....... :lol: :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADmRFyvw2N4
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900

Postby mick_dundee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:05 pm

I just gotta wonder how big is the 4th dimension? Must be a fucking warehouse by now... and be nice in Vic to have 3, 6 month options on rego rather than 12 mnths PLUS a "safety" tax on all bikes....
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby hoffy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:08 pm

do you get wood when riding it...I mean reminising about old times n shit ' .

cool burnout too, you is a bad mo-fo ! :lol:
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby the kid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:45 am

Gosling1 wrote:Billy - that green thing is ProblemChilds GpZ750 - Eddie Junior - I was riding it last winter while the MFP12 was getting a blingectomy. Its a great little bike. Here is a video of me giving it the berries....... :lol: :twisted:

Hmmmm nice vid Gos and Mick C . Fastest thing on 2 wheels huh Gos , someone elses bike :lol: Gives me an idea , I got Groggles 10 in me garage at the moment ................ Where is the video camera .........
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby Phil » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:31 pm

just caught up with this thread, well done gos, gotta luve the z6fiddy. a great score.

and that eddie junior of PC's is a ripper, and sounds horn as well.
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby ProblemChild » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:27 pm

its a great pick up gos. that burnout on junior makes me laugh my bags out everytime i see it :lol: :lol:
dirty,mean&mighty unclean,
Im a wanted man
im slightly schizophrenic me & me & me agree
GRAVELRASH | rock on facebook or GRAVELRASH on Reverb nation
ProblemChild
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000

Postby the kid » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 am

ProblemChild wrote:its a great pick up gos. that burnout on junior makes me laugh my bags out everytime i see it :lol: :lol:

I like his name ! Eddie Junior , reminds me more of the Munsters than some other Yank tho :lol:
Ummmm let me see
the kid
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Next

Return to Classic Kawi Discussion