2006 GPX250R

All GPx and GPz Models

Postby Lainie » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:39 pm

Kishy wrote:Not bad Lainie-girl :D

Dont think I've ever seen a green one on the road B4

Well I am shocked cause we r just bout neighbours and I ride into Dandy often :P You will know kermie when ya see him... :D AND if u come tomorrow :lol: :lol: I will even let ya ride along with me :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah I know ya have plans we will go for a ride very soon :wink:
Lainie
Team Ninja

Bike: ER6
State: Victoria

Postby wazza1234 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:36 am

pic size has been changed :) I needed it big so the 250 didnt look so small ;)
wazza1234
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR250
State: Queensland

Postby Kishy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:02 am

wazza1234 wrote:pic size has been changed :) I needed it big so the 250 didnt look so small ;)

LOL Wazza

GPX.Lainie wrote:Well I am shocked cause we r just bout neighbours and I ride into Dandy often :P You will know kermie when ya see him... :D AND if u come tomorrow :lol: :lol: I will even let ya ride along with me :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah I know ya have plans we will go for a ride very soon :wink:

I dont ride thru Dandy all that often. Its a hole of a place. If I'm not
in a rush I ride to Chadstone instead.

Just about to leave soon.. & yes, we'll catch up sooner or later :wink:

Kishy

Kawasaki GPX250R 2005 Best Entry Level Bike of the Year

Postby Kishy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 pm

GPZ250R

A brand new bike with this kind of performance is excellent value.

Yes, there are a few cheaper 250's you can learn on but the GPX
undercuts equivalient liquid-cooled twins with fairings by a significant
amount now that Kawasaki has dropped its price by a massive $1600.

The GPX arrived 20yrs ago now, & its this long life that allows Kawasaki
to cut the price. Its longevity is also a strong indication of how
popular it is among learner drivers, who can enjoy a small, light,
reliable & lively machine with good brakes, excellent handling manners
and, as onfidence rises, an ability to teach you more & more about
riding well.

(Aust MC News Vol 55 No 12)
Kishy

Postby bonester » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Had a ride of Wazzas GPX the other day. Great little bike. Have ridden a few GPXs and his is the best- maybe the newer ones are a bit better built. Guess they have had 20 years to get it right. I'd keep it if I had a GPX- cost nothing to run and fun to ride! :lol:
Ben needs to do something about the orange paint though.... :D
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby wazza1234 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:54 pm

bonester wrote:Ben needs to do something about the orange paint though.... :D

Nothing wrong with the orange/red paint :D ...although black or green would be nice. Next weekend will be the giant rattle search....All fairings off in search of the 8k rpm rattle...should be fun...but only after I mow the yard cause if I dont I will lose the kids.

Oh, I found the directions for the seat bag...will give it a go after I have had the seat chopped to single seat.
wazza1234
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZZR250
State: Queensland

Postby mattew » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:49 pm

Yeah it seems like a great bike, though i ahvent riden it that far yet, still in breakin period.
I think the only mod ill do to this is getting a tail bag/rack. Any ideas where i can get one in WA?

Matt
2006 GPX250R
mattew

Postby Lainie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 am

mattew wrote:Yeah it seems like a great bike, though i ahvent riden it that far yet, still in breakin period.
I think the only mod ill do to this is getting a tail bag/rack. Any ideas where i can get one in WA?

Matt

Try ya local Kwaka dealer they should be able to help or pop ya on the right path :D
Just don't go to where Wazza gets his parts from :wink: :lol: ( Sorry mate couldn't help myself :wink: )
Lainie
Team Ninja

Postby bonester » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:43 am

Just don't go to where Wazza gets his parts from

I warned him. They charged me $80 for oil, filter and coolant on the warranty job of my ZZR- changing the stuffed cams. Fuggin bastardos- I'll never darken their door again....(they did a rough job too- wires routed the wrong way, cable ties missing. I haven't been game to disassemble the bike since- due for valve clearances soon.... :x )
:evil:
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Lainie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:47 am

bonester wrote:
Just don't go to where Wazza gets his parts from

I warned him. They charged me $80 for oil, filter and coolant on the warranty job of my ZZR- changing the stuffed cams. Fuggin bastardos- I'll never darken their door again....(they did a rough job too- wires routed the wrong way, cable ties missing. I haven't been game to disassemble the bike since- due for valve clearances soon.... :x )
:evil:

And he didn't listen? :shock: Bloody hell Wazza what wheren't ya thinking? :wink: :twisted:
Lainie
Team Ninja

Postby Stereo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 am

I bought an 89 gpx a while ago when I was getting back into biking after a few years off....

I was really happy with it.... I paid 2 grand for it and sold it a few months later for $300 more.... So I was pretty pleased with that...

It was very reliable, but had a small oil leak which no amount of engineering seemed to get rid of (something to do with oil pressure building etc) the dealer who sold it to me had it in about 5 times for repairs (the same repair every time... like I said, they were not able to fix it)...

The bike looked after me pretty well, it was friendly to ride and went comparitively well.... I was expecting the GPX to be slower than the GSXR250 and CBR250.... but I was surprised to find that straight line acceleration was very close indeed...

Mind you, the previous owner had put muzzy pipes on there and an after market air filter....

Compared to the bike the missus had at the time (same year GSX250R) the suspension was in much better condition...
The world is round. It has no point.
Stereo
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Location: Pt Cook, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Pacific Ocean, Earth
Bike: ZX10R

Previous

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion