Switch to full style
All GPx and GPz Models
Post a reply

Recommend a Mechanic in Sydney?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi all,

I restored this GPZ900 (1987 model I believe) some years ago but there were a couple of jobs I didn't get done (starter clutch being the main one). I now have neither the time or space to pull engines apart so looking for a good mechanic that is familiar with these bikes and comes recommended in Sydney.

I will most likely sell it after its fixed but it would be nice to get it running as it should, and I guess get what's its worth, although the cost of the repair may outweigh
the additional price I could ask.

Would anyone have a ballpark idea of the cost I'd be looking at for that job?

Thanks in Advance....

Al.

Re: Recommend a Mechanic in Sydney?

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 am

Looks like a nice resto.

Glenn at Allfixed does great work and has supported the club heaps over the years. He's at Castle Hill on 96341455

Cheers

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Nice resto. Pretty sure that is a 1984 paintjob. My 900 has swallowed around 300 hours of my time and doesn't look anywhere as nice as yours. Starter clutch could be expensive as it is engine out to do it.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:29 am

bonester wrote:Nice resto. Pretty sure that is a 1984 paintjob. My 900 has swallowed around 300 hours of my time and doesn't look anywhere as nice as yours. Starter clutch could be expensive as it is engine out to do it.

You are correct, I managed to find a 'before' photo showing the original colours, but I preferred the earlier paint scheme so went with that. So I guess its not period
correct.

Tue May 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Very nice bike

I've been thinking about one of those and none have looked that good
Post a reply