1982 GPZ1100 B2 Revival with pics

All GPx and GPz Models

1982 GPZ1100 B2 Revival with pics

Postby Datadotz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi all, I've got a B2 that doesn't want to start, and I have a feeling it is missing some bits. It still has DFI, and I'd like to keep it that way for originality.

I bought it off a bloke who reckons it ran OK when he had it (don't they all) but he bought a Harley and hadn't ridden it for a year or two. I know I am missing a "reserve lighting device" whatever that is.

Additionally, I seem to have a 3 pin connector coming out from the loom under the tank that gets a photo in the Haynes manual, but doesn't say what should plug into it (the other connection preset connects to the fuel level unit). The wiring on the whole, was pretty bad. I had an auto electrician tidy up the connectors which had largely perished and as a result I have plenty of nice connectors but not a lot of go.

Currently:
+ Indicators work
+ Headlights work
+ Dash lights up
+ Makes a single click when pressing engine start
+ Battery has 12.5 volts

- Fuel pump has worked about 6 months ago on a bench, but doesn't seem to be working now. This could be due to wiring or it being seized up again without any fuel in it.
- Seem to have broken the air temp sensor wires. Will this stop anything from working?

I'll go and take some photos and upload them to assist any boffins who would like to take a look. I also have a 83 GPZ750A1 with the 810 kit and flat-slide carbs and almost an open exhaust which was hilarious fun to ride.

Bike as current

Mysterious 3 pin connector without a partner

Random connections
Datadotz

Bike: GPz750
State: Queensland

Re: 1982 GPZ1100 B2 Revival with pics

Postby javaman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 am

Nice... keen to have one myself.

What's the pro and con about changing to carbs? :D
alien.gif andi - Red GPZ900R, GPZ750R1, KLR650 Tengai, KLR250
"my dad's motorbike is cool it is all ways clean.oheter pepole' s motorbikes