Slipping Clutch GPX750. Oh, and the fan...

All GPx and GPz Models

Slipping Clutch GPX750. Oh, and the fan...

Postby glinno » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi guys.

After my rant last year, I pulled myself together, toughened up and persevered with the resto on the old gpx750. She's running like a dream now apart from a couple of niggly things that have become apparent since I got her back on the road.

Firstly I get clutch slip. I have bled the clutch and when cold the bite point is quite far from the bar but there's no problem. As it warms up the bite point moves further from the bar and the clutch starts to slip until eventually it's hard to get any drive through to the back wheel. Any advice is welcome as I don't want to spend 300 bucks on a a whole clutch kit if I don't need to.

Secondly, the cooling fan stays on once I have turned the bike off. I am planning on replacing the thermo switch that screws into thr back of the radiator but all advice welcome as well.

Thanks loads guys

Glynn
FEAR. . .THE THIEF OF DREAMS
glinno

Bike: GPx750
State: Western Australia

Re: Slipping Clutch GPX750. Oh, and the fan...

Postby Smitty » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:48 pm

.. the cooling fan (if on) will stay on until the temp drops (even after you get off the bike)

if it does not turn off at all, the rad thermo switch needs replacing
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

Re: Slipping Clutch GPX750. Oh, and the fan...

Postby glinno » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks smitty. I recon its intermittent. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesn't so probably the thermo switch as you say.
FEAR. . .THE THIEF OF DREAMS
glinno

Bike: GPx750
State: Western Australia

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion