gpz 900 A1, overheating.

All GPx and GPz Models

gpz 900 A1, overheating.

Postby steveo55 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:36 pm

The old girls in pretty good condition, & still very strong.slow traffic or idling for a few minutes, causes it to spew coolant from the overflow. Manual fan switch installed & working, coolant level all good . Anybody got ideas on a mod, or solution to the problem.
steveo55

Bike: GPz900
State: Queensland

Re: gpz 900 A1, overheating.

Postby steveo55 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:39 pm

UPDATE...... Radiator hoses were fairly shabby, so replaced them all. Radiator cap , old n worn rubber, replaced that with new 9psi cap, thermostat old and not opening fully, new one fitted . Started bike up and idled until hot, tens gauge only got to the quarter mark. Warm days here in Nth Qld, I've been using the manual fan switch when riding,(only out of habit) but it appears the overheating issue is hopefully resolved.
steveo55

Postby steveo55 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:40 pm

UPDATE...... Radiator hoses were fairly shabby, so replaced them all. Radiator cap , old n worn rubber, replaced that with new 9psi cap, thermostat old and not opening fully, new one fitted . Started bike up and idled until hot, tens gauge only got to the quarter mark. Warm days here in Nth Qld, I've been using the manual fan switch when riding,(only out of habit) but it appears the overheating issue is hopefully resolved.
steveo55

Postby steveo55 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:41 pm

steveo55

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion