pilot jet o ring

All GPx and GPz Models

pilot jet o ring

Postby davo231481 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm

hi all. Ive pulled the tk 26 carbies down yet again. Im having trouble sourcing the o rings that live at the end of the polyester plug that covers the pilot jet screw. Its about the size of a bees foreskin albeit a large bee ( maybe a march fly as theyre big bastards around here in march). I tried canberra bearing services after CMC with no luck. the o rings been obsolete for a while and the only ones i can source are on partzilla but im having a ethical and financial issue with paying a shitload of bucks for postage on 4 x 6mm od x 4mm idx 1.6 orings. The plug is necessary otherwise it wont idle,not that its idling well at the moment but that should change now that the jets are clean again. has anyone else had this issue. I was almost thinking of tapping it and using a screw to seal the pilot jet. :?
I only drink to make my friends more interesting.
davo231481
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Other Kawi
State: New South Wales

Re: pilot jet o ring

Postby bonester » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 am

I think generic genuine Kawasaki o rings work. Local bike wreckers here keep them in stock
2 X ZRX1200R 4 X ER6N, GT550, 1988 ZX-10, 4 X GPZ250R, 4 X GPZ900R and GPZ750R :) Yeah I like Kawasakis.
bonester
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby davo231481 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:09 pm

all good now. I was helped out by Dudley Motorcycle sercices at Wyong NSW. He was really helpful more so than the parts bloke at Canberra Moto . I would definitely send my bike there for work when i saw the quality of his workmanship on a few bikes in his workshop. long way from cooma but i was up there on a family matter and took the opportunity to hunt down the parts. Reg at Wyong bearings and seals had run out but pointed me in Dudleys MS direction. :D

orings are in and carbs ready to go back on. maybe fire it up tomorrow
davo231481
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby davo231481 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:32 pm

success. it started up straignt away and idled on all 4 at around 1K. Im very happy with this progress
davo231481
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion