GPZ1100B2 Grab Rail

All GPx and GPz Models

GPZ1100B2 Grab Rail

Postby jacobb » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 pm

Does anyone know whether there is an aftermarket item available for the grab rail? They don't pop up very often and I can't for the life of me find where to get one...
GPZ1100 B2
jacobb
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Tasmania

Re: GPZ1100B2 Grab Rail

Postby h.b.bear » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:14 pm

I will keep my eyes open for ya,been looking for one for my 82 gpz 750.Do you have the part number for it ?
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Gosling1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

jacobb wrote:Does anyone know whether there is an aftermarket item available for the grab rail? They don't pop up very often and I can't for the life of me find where to get one...

never seen an aftermarket grab rail for this model mate - its not something that you would really expect to be made by aftermarket companies.

Have you tried putting in a request to Findapart ? I would almost bet my left one that a wrecker somewhere in Oz will have a grabrail sitting on a shelf somewhere.....

these are NLA from Kawasaki as well, so unless you can find a NOS unit at a dealer somewhere (unlikely) - then you will have to trawl ebay here, US and UK. I don't have a spare one for a B2 unfortunately.

:cool:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby jacobb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Yeah, tried findapart and even called a few wreckers with no luck :| Have also been trawling the interwebs and ebay for the past 6 months and saw 2 for sale - both went for $150 + and that was without postage from the us and Canada... Absolute madness - could almost get one made for that...

The part number is as far as I'm aware is 32109-1029 GRIP-FRAME on that, a great place to find part numbers is this site, they have uploaded the microfiche images and you can zoom in and everything...

http://www.cmsnl.com
GPZ1100 B2
jacobb
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 pm

yep, cmsnl is a good site - I use kawasakipartswarehouse for much the same stuff - good on the parts numbers and microfiche pages. These can be real handy when putting things back together ;)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby h.b.bear » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 pm

found this site aswell,all oem parts and have a pretty good range but as usuall pricey

http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/oem-pa ... E-FITTINGS
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Nelso » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Ok, so which one was I talking to at the VJMC meet this afternoon? The one with the ELR? I hadn't read this thread until now, otherwise I would have pieced it together and introduced myself properly. It was at the end of the day when most of the crowd had departed.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby kingbald » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes Nelso that was me Mark, with the ELR at the VJMC show, saw this thread last night (whilst searching for a grab rail like Jacob) before I saw you today.
I joined the VJMC today in the hope I may find some of the parts I'm looking for and some like minded owners.
I'm having the same problem as Jacob, so Jacob if you get a grab rail let me know or If I get one I'll let you know, maybe we could make a copy off an original.
kingbald

Postby jacobb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Yeah no worries Mark, that sounds good. By the sounds of things I'm not the only one to be having this problem - apparently the grab rail was the first thing to go when people got their gpz/kz/elr, god knows why... I'm heading to a swap meet in Tas this weekend so will keep my eye out...
GPZ1100 B2
jacobb
Warming up
Warming up

Postby kingbald » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Fingers crossed Jacobb, I may have found a Bloke (from a trusted source), with two grab rails, have sent an e-mail and am wait'n for a reply, if good to go I'll get them into the country and we can sought it out later.

My theory on the disappering grab rails is due to the popularity of the "Gear Sack Rack" in the early Eighties and the need to remove the grab rail to fit the GSR, so out there in lots'a "Back Sheds" the are hundreds gather'n dust. :kuda:
kingbald

Postby netbikes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm

kingbald wrote:Fingers crossed Jacobb, I may have found a Bloke (from a trusted source), with two grab rails, have sent an e-mail and am wait'n for a reply, if good to go I'll get them into the country and we can sought it out later.

My theory on the disappering grab rails is due to the popularity of the "Gear Sack Rack" in the early Eighties and the need to remove the grab rail to fit the GSR, so out there in lots'a "Back Sheds" the are hundreds gather'n dust. :kuda:

how did you go, got one?, I may have one check netbikes.
cheers.....
chris at www.netbikes com au
It's too late when you're in the ground.
netbikes
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZXR750
State: Queensland

Return to GPX & GPZ Discussion