third gear wont work?????zzr 1100 1996

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

Postby P Broderick » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

it goes into gear & works with a slight bit of throttle but then it just sounds like it hasnt gone in to gear if you know what i mean.....i can slow down in it but just cant wind it out.i dont want to pay more to fix it than what i paid for it but i love this bike aswell so some knowledge of this issue would be great.
P Broderick

Bike: ZZR1100
State: New South Wales

Re: third gear wont work?????zzr 1100 1996

Postby MAXUMIS » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Sounds to me like you have got rid of the teeth off No 3 gear? I had a zzr that i worked on once and done the same thing(light throtle sweet but any more than that it just sounded shocking) and no power at all because it just had enough teeth to let it go on very light throttle but once under power it went bad.Its only a guese of what i have seen. :cry:
life starts at 200 kph!
MAXUMIS
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX12R

Postby dickfaber » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

sounds like the engagement dogs are rooted
had a suzuki 900 that had rooted dogs on 1,2,3. sounded like it was jumping teeth under heavy load, but was sweet under partial

meant split cases and new gears and all engagment dogs machined (undercut) by a machinist
heres a link that explains it http://www.aperaceparts.com/transmissions.html
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6

Postby Strika » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:15 pm

What he said
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby P Broderick » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I don't wanna buy factory if I can get stronger race gears I d much prefer made in Aus???as for striker your comment don't much help so unless you have info regarding My problem don't bother.
P Broderick

Postby Jonnymac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 pm

P Broderick wrote:I don't wanna buy factory if I can get stronger race gears I d much prefer made in Aus???as for striker your comment don't much help so unless you have info regarding My problem don't bother.

I think skrika was just backing up what the other guys said that it's damaged teeth in third gear.
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby dickfaber » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 am

not teeth, its the engagement dogs, actually open and read (you never know, you may learn something)
http://www.aperaceparts.com/transmissions.html
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Strika » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 am

P Broderick wrote:I don't wanna buy factory if I can get stronger race gears I d much prefer made in Aus???as for striker your comment don't much help so unless you have info regarding My problem don't bother.

1. It's Strika can't you read?

2. Refer to Jmac's post as to if I was helping or not.

3. You've made 5 posts and want help, enemies are not what would be beneficial for you in here I wouldn't think.

5. I've rebuilt two or three ZZR boxes when working at Kawasaki.

6. Probably would have helped with some additional tips on the rebuild had you not been a dickhead.

7. I hope it's grenaded itself into a million bits and costs three time the bikes value to fix!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Jonnymac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:23 am

dickfaber wrote:not teeth, its the engagement dogs, actually open and read (you never know, you may learn something)
http://www.aperaceparts.com/transmissions.html

I actually thought they were called dog teeth,didn't realise it was a big deal. But thank you I did learn something.......
Jonnymac
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby P Broderick » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Wow striker that took some effort! If your so wise & knowledgeable with your 2/3 rebuilds wouldnt it have been easier to state a remedy instead of talking yourself up!you obviously measure yourself by the amount posts you submit...bravo..your thin skin & weak threat of making enemies on here tells me that this site is Over run with weak opinions from people like yourself & that it's not worth the headache.!!! On the other its hand it's easy to mouth off to someone on the computer... You are pissweak.from the link dickfaber sent thanks mate gears are on the way over.
P Broderick

Postby Wattie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:38 pm

P Broderick wrote:Wow striker that took some effort! If your so wise & knowledgeable with your 2/3 rebuilds wouldnt it have been easier to state a remedy instead of talking yourself up!you obviously measure yourself by the amount posts you submit...bravo..your thin skin & weak threat of making enemies on here tells me that this site is Over run with weak opinions from people like yourself & that it's not worth the headache.!!! On the other its hand it's easy to mouth off to someone on the computer... You are pissweak.from the link dickfaber sent thanks mate gears are on the way over.

Hey, don't put us all in the same bin as Strika!
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby dickfaber » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 am

P Broderick wrote:Wow striker that took some effort! If your so wise & knowledgeable with your 2/3 rebuilds wouldnt it have been easier to state a remedy instead of talking yourself up!you obviously measure yourself by the amount posts you submit...bravo..your thin skin & weak threat of making enemies on here tells me that this site is Over run with weak opinions from people like yourself & that it's not worth the headache.!!! On the other its hand it's easy to mouth off to someone on the computer... You are pissweak.from the link dickfaber sent thanks mate gears are on the way over.

winning freinds again strika? :lol:
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Strika » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 am

You served mate, I just returned. I'll say it to your face if ever we meet. Been on here since 05. Never said anything in here I wouldn't say to someone's face. Those who know me will attest to it. All I was doing was supporting what was obviously the issue and solution in order to add weight to the reply. That is all. In future, I will just butt out completely if you ask, as obviously you do not need my assistance. As for thin skinned, your response indicates that perhaps yours must be as thin as mine. As for this site being overrun with weak opinions, that's a really ignorant statement, as the collective knowledge in here is vast.

At least I waited for 8 or 10 posts before I made an arse of myself!!! :lol:
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

P Broderick wrote:......Wow striker that took some effort! If your so wise & knowledgeable with your 2/3 rebuilds wouldnt it have been easier to state a remedy instead of talking yourself up!you obviously measure yourself by the amount posts you submit...bravo..your thin skin & weak threat of making enemies on here tells me that this site is Over run with weak opinions from people like yourself & that it's not worth the headache.!!! On the other its hand it's easy to mouth off to someone on the computer... You are pissweak.from the link dickfaber sent thanks mate gears are on the way over.......

:lol: fucken classic ! 6 posts in and already serving it up to long-term members !!

I sense your time with us will be short P Broderick.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Strika » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 am

Gos, I didn't have the heart to tell him that my bike has the same Gearbox :lol:

Certainly apppears to be a well balanced person though, a chip on both shoulders :lol:
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Next

Return to ZZR Discussion