ZZR250 Idle Adjuster faulty

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

ZZR250 Idle Adjuster faulty

Postby splitter » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:35 pm

During the winter months when I first started the engine the idle speed is well above 3000 rpm, I'd let it warm up and adjust the choke and ride off, when stopped the engine would shut down. I'd start it again and not stop for a few kilometres by that time the engine warmed up sufficiently. This had been going on for too long so I decided to replace the air filter, adjust the choke and clean the carby jets and fuel bowls.

Now the idle speed is up and down the rpm spectrum, can someone give me some advice. I have tinkered with the idle adjusting knob, just when I think the idle speed is right, the engine idles down from 1.5 rpm to nothing and shuts itself down. The idling goes up and down in revolutions without manual alteration, from 3000 to 4000 rpm.

Any help will be appreciated.

Splitter
splitter

Bike: ZZR250
State: Queensland

Re: ZZR250 Idle Adjuster faulty

Postby RyBoy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Splitter,
I have the same problem, and tried the same - Clean the carbies, replace the air filter, but I found the issue to be my fuel line from the tank to the carbie;
My bike has a fuel filter installed, and this was causing a small kink in the line, which was leading to my dodgy idle, and a general lack of throttle response,
I shortened up the fuel line, and the problem is gone!
Maybe check that?
:D
Ry
RyBoy

Bike: ZZR250
State: Victoria

Return to ZZR Discussion