ZZR250 Will Not Idle

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

ZZR250 Will Not Idle

Postby Demons » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:31 pm

My bike has been running quiet well until I had to restart it. The bike became difficult to start and then would not idle at 1500 revs. The idle screw has been adjusted but did not make a difference.
Any help on this topic is appreciated.
Demons

Bike: ZZR250
State: Please Select a State

Re: ZZR250 Will Not Idle

Postby Demons » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:17 pm

In addition to the non idle issue, I have noticed on two accasions as I am accelerating I have heard a noise sounding like something slapping against the fairing. I have not hit or ran over anything or at least I didn't think so.

Following inspection there is nothing visible or different, nor any debris on the road that resembles bike parts, so this is really a mystery.

I have attempted to remove the carby and noticed there is no clamps to hold the airbox rubber bits to the carby. Recently I had a mate clean the carbs for a barter job. He said he noticed a few issues and resolved them, including using tie wire to ensure there are no more vacuum issues between the air box and carby. Would zip ties do the job instead of tie wire? However, the tie wires are gone. But the bike before the idle issue came about is performing exceptionally well, acceleration improved with no flat spots at lower revs during cornering and economy is 350+ Klms per tank.

Can idling be interrupted by a faulty spark plug or cap?

Cheers,
Steve :)
Demons

Bike: ZZR250
State: Please Select a State

Re: ZZR250 Will Not Idle

Postby Gosling1 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 pm

take it into a workshop and get them to fix it. Your 'mate' has done a bodgy job, poor sealing between airbox/carb/motor will cause all sorts of problems just like you have described.

:?
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Return to ZZR Discussion