ZZR1100 - Headlight Globe

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

ZZR1100 - Headlight Globe

Postby ALinACT » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 am

Hi Guys, how do you change the headlight globe?
I've removed the bottom cover plate type thingy, and can reach the back of the globe (it's a tight fit)... so does it turn to release or pull out OR do I need to remove the whole front section?
thanks, Alan
ALinACT

Bike: ZZR1100
State: ACT

Re: ZZR1100 - Headlight Globe

Postby large » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 am

I found it easier to pull out the instrument cluster. From memory you don't have to fully disconnect it all but it will come out enough to reach in.

BTW. I replaced the stock globe with a 55/100W. The 100W high beam makes a helluva difference.
large
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: South Australia

Postby Ratmick » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:34 am

If it is the same as a ZZR600, and I assume it will be, then the bulb is held in by a metal hook which is clipped under part of the housing and hinged at the other end so it doesn't fall off. Once you remove the clip by pushing it in at the same time as slightly sideways the bulb will be able to be pulled out of the light assembly.

Pull the rubber boot off first, and the plastic connector on the end of the bulb and you should be able to see it. You don't need to pull out the instrument cluster, although for the 600 you need to have triple-jointed elbows and it was easier to remove the mount for the brake line.

The bulb only fits in the housing one way, as per the tabs on the metal bulb mount. If you don't have it in correctly it won't allow you to clip it back in.

Here is a crappy-looking photo scanned out of the ZZR600 manual, the hook you're looking for is the part highlighted as A:

The end that unclips is the end with the triangular loop diagonally opposite the end of the arrow.

This may help too: http://www.ksrc-au.com/html/zzr_headlight_change.html

Replace the bulb as per above with a 55/100W unit, the stock bulbs are shite.

HTH, Mick 8)
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Victoria

Postby ALinACT » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 pm

thanks.... I ended up removing the screen, and panel around the instrument dials. This meant that I could see a lot better from above. And removing the bulb was easy, putting the new one back in was easy too.
The hard bit was putting the clip back in. This took me a long, long time. So little room, and difficult to push down on the clip.
Alan
ALinACT

State: ACT

Return to ZZR Discussion