Bar Risers ZZR600

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

Bar Risers ZZR600

Postby cowasaki » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:26 am

Well am normally a lurker but thought I would share on behalf of the shorties amongst us.

At a whopping 5'1 I am somewhat vertically challenged :oops:

Got my beloved 05 ZZR600 in October.

Well, I tried to chase up bar risers for the bike, got fobbed off more times that I care to remember decided to google..(cuz its your friend) came across

http://www.zianet.com/genmar/toc.html Placed an order on the 8/6 they arrived on 14/6 fitted in 15 minutes and Voila. A much more comfy riding position and just that little bit extra reach for ma legs.
cowasaki
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: GPz500
State: Western Australia

Postby Colette » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:09 am

Good stuff! How do these work?
Colette
Team Cougar

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby cowasaki » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:15 am

Good gawd I am the most un-teknikal person...and blonde :shock:

Little block thingies.. take bars off..stick em on..lift it all upwards *LMAO*

Will take a pic, much easier as I will just confuse myself and everyone.
cowasaki
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby don55 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi Cowasaki.
Can we have a ride report after you have had a chance to appreciate the change in riding postion.
This is a modification I have thought about for my baby. I'm 5' 7" and always looking to improve my ride :)
- DON55 -
Silver ZZR600
don55
Warming up
Warming up

Postby mick_dundee » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:21 am

Colette wrote:Good stuff! How do these work?

Col, cowasaki describes it as is basically, just raise the handlebars an inch or two or 5cm or so if you prefer.

Update, looking at the site appears they are suitexd to 2002-2004 models only so no good for me, be ok for Karen Miss ZZR.
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki
State: Victoria

Postby Ratmick » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:15 pm

mick_dundee wrote:Update, looking at the site appears they are suitexd to 2002-2004 models only so no good for me, be ok for Karen Miss ZZR.

The ZZR600 was called the ZX-6 pre-2002 in the US. If you check the website it says they'll fit the ZX-6 (i.e. ZZR600) back to 1990, so you'll be ok 8).
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby mick_dundee » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:01 am

Thanks for that Mick, sounds very familiar as this is the email I got back re my enquiry :)

Hi,
The ZZR600 was called the ZX-6 here in the states until 2002 and then it
went to the ZZR600. Our bar risers for the 1996 Kawasaki ZZR600 will be our
part number K-109. Orders can be placed online at http://www.genmarmfg.com .
Thanks for the inquiry,
Scott-GenMar
A good mate will bail you out of jail, a true mate will be sitting in the cell next to you saying "Damn, we fucked up!!!"
mick_dundee
Team Naked
Team Naked

Bike: Suzuki

Postby Mizz ZZR » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:52 pm

I don't understand what the benefit would be.

Could someone please explain how raising the bars would be good (in plain short ass english) please?
1996 Yamaha Virago 250 - yeah really
2003 ZZR 600
2005 Very Tough Rocket 250
2010 BMW F 800 R
Mizz ZZR
Team ZZR

Bike: Honda

Postby ty » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:06 pm

you can sit more upright
If you have no fear, you're not going fast enough.
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ty
Team Ninja

Bike: Honda

Postby Ratmick » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:22 pm

ty wrote:you can sit more upright

Yep, puts you in a slightly more upright sitting position and hence less weight on the wrists and less strain on the neck 8).
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby cowasaki » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:16 am

Ratmick wrote:
ty wrote:you can sit more upright

Yep, puts you in a slightly more upright sitting position and hence less weight on the wrists and less strain on the neck 8).

Bingo... I have only had it out and about for short rides.
For myself, the lack of reach/foot on ground was an issue, albeit a very expensive issue when I had two OH SHIT moments while slow manouvering. $3200 in repairs from static drops. :cry:

With the bar risers, I have a more upright seating position, this gives me much more confidence in slow manouvers as I am no longer leaning over the tank therefor for me it feels like I have better control, I also find it easier to keep an eye on whats around me as peripheral vision has improved. I work in the city so have to contend with tossers pulling out of side streets/car parks etc.

It has also given me more Foot on the ground.

As to the benefits of riding position, I found on long trips I was either laying on the tank to ease the pressure of my wrists, or pushing myself back/upright and locking my elbows..which is a NO NO. Now I can comfortably sit upright, elbows bent.. back straight - all good. As Ratmick said, I find that I am no longer getting neck strain from having to hold myself upright.

Oh and the big bonus is that the risers have moved my bits AWAY from the tank.. which has stopped that rather annoying problem of my bits going numb :oops: , and removing the need to wiggle in the seat every 20-30 minutes.

For a shortie I found they have given me oodles of comfort. The riding position feels much more like my beloved GPX.
cowasaki
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Re: Bar Risers ZZR600

Postby flipper3au » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi
ZX-6 1990-current
ZZR-600 2002-2004
k109
Thanks heaps for the info and post. Have just got a set of these and fitting them tomorrow. Looking forward to taking the pressure of my hands and forearms ( neck, shoulders, back, hips, and everthing else that is wearing out!!) :? Numb bit also :oops:
Easy as descibed above, go to the website, pick your make/model, add to cart and pay via Paypal. 10 days later they turn up fully tracked. Sweet and easy
Being of the "Hobbit" decendant gene pool has its advantages but have noted that some later model bikes appear to be designed for basketball players!! I think i near had to lay flat on one!! With blocks on the pedals! Would have looked like "The Worlds Fastest Indian". Great movie.
More "foot down at the lights", more "look over height", not sounding like a coffee machine as i step off the bike, will be good. And the Mr's won't have to lay on me to get in the slip stream :shock: On second thoughts, how do you lower the bars ;)

Will post a report/findings/changes both good and bad in the next few days after i'm used to the diferences
Thanks
Say "Hi" as you whiz by!

Flip
flipper3au

Bike: ZZR600

Postby flipper3au » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:18 pm

And some good things to report. But first the bad things!! ;)
Had to adjust my mirrors for the first time in ages and second there is no more length in the front brake cable tube/housing. So cannot go any higher than the 25mm, without replacing cable.
The good things:
A) more height, straighter back, foot down - less aches basically
b) looking over my shoulder, not round or under my armpit
c) wrist pressure decreased, elbows not out as much blocking mirrors
d) not feeling like I'm pushing the nose down or through corners (if you can understand, please explain the geometry theory to me) and just feels more stable.
e) longer rides or in traffic is much more comfortable

Money that was worth spent for me
Thanks
Say "Hi" as you whiz by!

Flip
flipper3au

Postby silver600 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey Cowasaki
New to this site and have just read your thread. Could you please let me know how much was it to ship them?
Thanks
Silver600
silver600

State: Queensland

Postby flipper3au » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 pm

silver600 wrote:Hey Cowasaki
New to this site and have just read your thread. Could you please let me know how much was it to ship them?
Thanks
Silver600

Going to the website and through the order process........http://www.zianet.com/genmar/toc.html

Looks like 109.95 in USD. Total looks like 117.95 USD including shipping ( $8 USD) or about 122.50 AUD in total. May change due to conversion rates, price updates etc etc
Thanks
Say "Hi" as you whiz by!

Flip
flipper3au

Next

Return to ZZR Discussion