ZZR-1100 Advice

ZZR 250, 600, 1100 & 1200

Re: ZZR-1100 Advice

Postby Daisy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:06 pm

When I said clean the carbies I meant the bowls. Which is why you'd need to take them off - as a set - and tip them upside down to take the bowls off.

Ours broke down on the highway in the middle of the night once. Just stopped dead. The plug had fallen off the fuel pump relay. It seems they won't go without the pump even with a nearly full tank.
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
Team ZZR

Bike: GTR
State: Tasmania

Postby Alf Stewart » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Ah I see, didn't think I was it was the right bit that I pulled off. Want to avoid fiddling with the carbs, little intimidating for me, but I'll have a better look tomorrow and have a go. I assume it's fairly idiot proof cleaning the float bowls?

Fuel pump is definitely no good. Doesn't flow at all now, just makes noise. So until funds permit I won't be getting it fired up anytime soon. At least I think I have it all diagnosed.

So list of things to replace is battery, fuel pump, fuel pump relay and air filter. Throw the bars on, change coolant, clutch and brake fluids, fork oil. Then replace all the missing bolts and make it pretty. After that I've got some more ideas....
Alf Stewart

Bike: ZZR1100
State: South Australia

Postby Alf Stewart » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:31 am

No progress made over the weekend. Handlebars arrived yesterday and they fit just fine. This weekend I'll put the levers and what not on the bars and going to drain the float bowls, possibly pull one apart to see if they need cleaning depending on how the fuel i drain out looks.

Until funds permit i wont be able to grab a fuel pump or relay, will see how the bank account looks friday.
Alf Stewart

Bike: ZZR1100
State: South Australia

Previous

Return to ZZR Discussion