Crash knobs for a 1997 zx9r

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

re: Crash knobs for a 1997 zx9r

Postby mattyv74 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:27 pm

hey mh, they tend to mount in three places:
1- through the fairing mount. This is the easiest but largely ineffectictive as the little bracket bends and the fairing breaks anyway.
2- some will mount to points on the frame wich is better. Certainly fine for some bikes but an awkward fall cand dent the frame.
3- the most fiddly but best method IMHO is throught the engine mount. This point is incredibly strong. If the bike hits the ground hard enough to damage the fram from here, chances are there won't much left on the bike thats not damaged anyway. Besides, you'd probably be more concerned about your own well being from such a hard hit.

This means that most fairings need to be drilled though as the engine mount is usually coverd. I definately want some by the track day on the 22nd November. Bluefly will probably get her's done at the same time so that's two bike for me to get it right on before any others. Will post pics asap.
It is far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if chequered with failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, as they live in grey twilight that knows no victory nor defeat.
mattyv74
Team Kitty Litter

Bike: ZX7R
State: Queensland

re: Crash knobs for a 1997 zx9r

Postby Quarkz » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:17 pm

I dunno if this will still help you but I found these: http://www.whaccessories.com/ZX-R%20Accessories.htm

Moko Crash Protectors. Scroll down till you get to the crash protectors section and over to the side it says ZX9R 94-97 with no fairing hacking required. Might wanna look into it if you are still looking for crash protectors.
Kylie
---
2013 Kawasaki ZX636 / 2004 Kawasaki ZX636 / 1999 Aprilia RS250
Quarkz
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Previous

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion