Switch to full style
ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc
Post a reply

Re: Which years ZX6R to buy or avoid ?

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:27 pm

StuMiller wrote:I just posted my 07 ZX6 up for sale. Link in the For Sale section.

Sorry stu, even if i had the cash right now, I'm in Sydney ...

Brian

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:27 pm

Greenblood wrote:Hi Brian, I have a 06 track bike and have not had any problems...last track day it ran great.

Good to know, thanks Joe.

Cheers,
Brian

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks to all for your responses, eventually I picked up a low-km 09 at a decent price, and so far I love it !

Question though: does anyone know what material the headers are made from ? Mine are really manky, and I'm considering replacing them rather than doing a lot of heavy duty cleaning. Hopefully they're ti or even stainless, but if they're just steel I'll get rid of them.

Cheers,
Brian

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Just steel I think... plus they have the cats in them which have been known to collapse and cause trouble after a while. If you can, bugger them off and get some aftermarket ones, lot's lighter since it gets rid of the midbox and sounds better too!

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Bugger - thanks Edu. Metros have one on ebay at the moment, and it looks very much like the same material on my ''07 10, which was ti. Guess I'll be getting a magnet out tonight !

Cheers,
Brian

Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:43 pm

I have the OEM here in the garage... definitely not Ti, maybe stainless as it doesn't look bad after sitting for at least 5 years lol

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Cheers mate, good to know.
Post a reply