ZX10R Race Bike Fault Code Dramas

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

ZX10R Race Bike Fault Code Dramas

Postby Joshmc1020 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey all, new Kawasaki owner.

Recently bought a 2012 ZX10R race bike.

It's been flashed with Woolich, air filter, full exhaust, Translogic quickshifter and altered gearing (15F, 40R) and tyre sizes 120/70 and 190/55.

Rode it once, had the TC lights all flashing before the end of lap one on the first track day out

Got home and found the ABS loom (black plug with connecting lever) wasn't connected properly, so I put it in properly.

Was loading it up for another run tomorrow (hoping the ABS plug sorted it out, had it on the rear stand in gear running it just to see if anything would flash....)

And it's still coming up with the codes as follows;

11 - MAIN THROTTLE SENSOR
12 - INTAKE AIR PRESSURE SENSOR 1
16 - INTAKE AIR PRESSURE SENSOR 2
31 - VEHICLE DOWN SENSOR
32 - SUBTHROTTLE SENSOR
b58 - C.A.N COMMUNICATION (RECEPTION) MONITOR INSPECTION

And all the traction control lights flashing.

Would spinning the rear wheel on the stand (bike stationary) cause those codes? Or is there a bigger issue at hand?

Any insight much appreciated.
Joshmc1020

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Re: ZX10R Race Bike Fault Code Dramas

Postby Nelso » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:28 pm

The Woolich should have sorted all of the codes. It sounds like either the previous owner has changed a few things before he sold you the bike or it was never set up right in the first place. Is it the full data logger set up, or has someone else just flashed the ECU and downloaded a map?
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Postby Joshmc1020 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Had it plugged up this morning, the tune looks fine. Ran a diagnostic on it and it showed up fuckloads of faults. Everyone is pointing at a failed harness/loom. Previous owner is certain it's the loom too as there was a recall on this. Have a replacement loom coming.
Joshmc1020

Postby Baddie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 am

I have a late model 2012 , woolich flashed, ABS lines removed and haven't had an issue...(finger crossed)

I did read somewhere (Yank site) the Intake sensor issues could be from incorrect pair valve removal...(not bypassed)

Vehicle down sensor , check location and how the pervious owner has installed , some just hang it on the side of the bike..

I have read to traction control light can flash if the front wheel isn't installed correctly...ie sensor wheel on wrong side of the bike.

My ABS light stays on until the bike starts moving , something about getting both front and rear sensor inputs.

Not sure if it helps or will fix your issues but sharing is caring....

Cheers.
http://superbikesource.com.au/
For aftermarket racing products, from Annitori Quickshifters to Race fairings.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/forum.php
Baddie
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby Joshmc1020 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:26 pm

Baddie wrote:I have a late model 2012 , woolich flashed, ABS lines removed and haven't had an issue...(finger crossed)

I did read somewhere (Yank site) the Intake sensor issues could be from incorrect pair valve removal...(not bypassed)

Vehicle down sensor , check location and how the pervious owner has installed , some just hang it on the side of the bike..

I have read to traction control light can flash if the front wheel isn't installed correctly...ie sensor wheel on wrong side of the bike.

My ABS light stays on until the bike starts moving , something about getting both front and rear sensor inputs.

Not sure if it helps or will fix your issues but sharing is caring....

Cheers.

Had the bike plugged up to the Woolich software and everything was fine there (tick boxes for valve removal etc etc). Did a diagnostic and it came up with hundreds of fault indicators in the memory, and considering I only rode it once, it points to it obviously being a prexisting issue before I got it. So we cleared all the faults and I headed off the a track day the same day anyway (wasn't expecting a miracle, but I already paid for the day so I figured it might be worth a shot). Got to the track, didn't even make it out of the pits at Queensland Raceway before it shut itself down with all the same faults coming up. So currently it is at another well-known mechanic who knows ZX10's very well. He's diagnosed it as a faulty wiring harness/loom, he's got the harness pulled out awaiting replacement. He tested the sensors and stuff which showed no issue so its looking like it's the harness. Previous owner has agreed to ship me a brand new Harness and have it installed etc so fingers crossed.
Joshmc1020

Postby Joshmc1020 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Replaced the complete harness, all issues are sorted. Now it appears to have a fuel pump drama. Just posted a new thread regarding that,
Joshmc1020

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion