ZX-10R Akrapovic New Vs Old Slip on

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

ZX-10R Akrapovic New Vs Old Slip on

Postby shannony » Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi All,

Just putting the question out there to see if anyone is running the newer akrapovic slip on (not the shorty) with the link pipe and what you think about it ?
I have the shorty with link pipe and block off plates on the Gen4 Zx-10 and it is pretty cool however like everyone warned me, SUPER loud and still pops like a Bitch on decel which everyone tells me is just normal on these.

I'm thinking about swapping over to the longer Akra pipe in the hope that it might quieten the thing down a little and get rid of the annoying popping on decel ?
Anyone else done this or running one that can tell he how it goes ?

Cheers in Advance !

Shannon
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: ZX-10R Akrapovic New Vs Old Slip on

Postby Maccarocks » Wed May 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Hey Shannon,

I am running the longer Akrapovic 3/4 exhaust on my ZX10's, with the secondary air injection blocked off.... the race bike is loud but much deeper (due to the size of the muffler) and of course it is much quieter than your shorty.... Still pops a bit during deceleration, but you will never totally stop this... but it sounds fantastic....

On my road bike I am running the same system exactly except I like it quiet, so I am running the db reducer as well ... and it is really nice, still pops but much less and no where near as loud....

Great exhaust but expensive..!! Remember it is Akrapovic, so it is well proven to be one of the best... ;-)

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby shannony » Thu May 28, 2015 10:09 am

Hey Macca,

I thought as much, I'll look in to getting a price on one of these and try and off load my old one if anyone is interested !! I think by memory it cost me $900 and has done bugger all K's!
I wonder how different the fuel maps will be on it ? Probably have to get the thing re-tuned ...

I'll probably go to direct to Gasworks i guess unless anyone can recommend a place with a good deal :)

Cheers
Shannon
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Postby z900/zx9 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Ok different bike ZX9 and its carby but removal of the Kleen system removed pretty much all of the popping,wasnt happy about that.doesnt really matter now as the H2 pops plenty when you hit that quick shifter.
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Nelso » Fri May 29, 2015 2:49 pm

shannony wrote:Hey Macca,

I thought as much, I'll look in to getting a price on one of these and try and off load my old one if anyone is interested !! I think by memory it cost me $900 and has done bugger all K's!
I wonder how different the fuel maps will be on it ? Probably have to get the thing re-tuned ...

I'll probably go to direct to Gasworks i guess unless anyone can recommend a place with a good deal :)

Cheers
Shannon

There's quite a bit of difference in hp between the shorty pipes and full length ones. If you are running an aftermarket/custom fuel/ignition map, you will probably want to remap it to get the best out of the pipe.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX
State: New South Wales

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion