old noob on a new ninja

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

old noob on a new ninja

Postby Bigreeninja » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Gday all,
My name is Andrew. I'm from sw Sydney. I'm 36& returning to riding after 10 years with no bike. I decided to get back into riding after a ride on a mates gsxr600. I always wanted a zx7r in my younger days and 600s now are the size 250s used to be so the decision was to go zx10r :kuda:
I've been stalking the forum for a couple of weeks now while waiting for my bike to arrive from QLD. Now its here I've gone about some personalizing :D

The green and black 2013 model now wears a puig black screen, tail tidy, the k&n is waiting till I have the time to drop it in and the Vance and Hines urban brawler doesn't appear to fit as a slip on replacement for the stock can. So here's my first questions...
Does anyone have this pipe on their zx10r?
Is the difference in pipe diameter due to differences between aust & USA bikes because of emissions laws?
Should I get an adapter made up?
Or just go buy a Yoshi can from mcas?

Thanks in anticipation of some advice 8)

Andrew
Bigreeninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: old noob on a new ninja

Postby Mitch » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:17 am

Hi Andrew, welcome to KSRC

I can't believe that no one has posted up a reply yet to your questions. the board is normally pretty active in helping others out.

Firstly, I don't own a 10, I am old school ZX9R :kuda: so i can't help you directly, but what do you mean when it won't fit on as a slip on? Is the diameter of the pipes different or is the length too short to join together? Looking at the instructions, it should bolt right up with no probs

From my own experience, the bikes do not vary too much between the US and Aus, so 99% of the time you should be ok.
ZX9R F2 track bike aka Big Blue
www.bigmitchracing.com
Mitch
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX9R
State: Queensland

Postby tim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:48 am

Welcome! Picture paints a thousand words. Macca might be your man, he's had more cans on his 10s than laps at the island :lol:
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Glen » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:05 pm

G'day and welcome mate. As Tim said Macca is probably the man to help with your query. If you want to pm him his name is maccarocks.

Cheers

Glen
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Bigreeninja » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:16 am

There was a shim between the mid pipe and the factory silencer. I suspect that kawasaki must use that silencer on a number of models so they just shim the exhaust to fit the one silencer on different bikes. Once I knocked off the shim it all fit perfectly. Now it sounds like it's got way more guts than before. I'll try and post some pics.
Bigreeninja

Postby Bigreeninja » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:29 am

Bigreeninja

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion