Just a few small mods...

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

Just a few small mods...

Postby Maccarocks » Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 am

Hey all,

Well I have been racing my 2011 ZX10R (non ABS) model for the past 3 years with fantastic results for me... The bike just feels so good and is just getting better and better.... I thought I had come to an end with the mods (which have all been performance based) but I have recently made a few small changes that have made the bike feel even better...

Being a crazy exhaust addict, I have tried many different exhausts, but I think I have found the one that I really like.. The 'Arrow Works Titanium' This one not only sounds good (not too loud) but I feel it really fits in with the aggressive styling of this model... you can see right from the mid pipe, which is increased to 55mm right through the muffler, which is slightly cone shaped, finishing at 58 mm at the exit. I can feel a faster response in the throttle and this 3/4 exhaust weighs virtually nothing. The weight difference from the full titanium to the 'Yoshi' stainless steel is amazing.. so I have saved a few kilos there... :D

Another thing was my battery was getting pretty tired, so I decided to upgrade to the new Lithium Ion battery from SSB. I picked the battery up and thought there was noting in the box..!! it was so light compared to the stock lead cell battery... So weighing in at just 800 grams, this battery has even more crank power than the old one...!! Unbelievable stuff... so I have dropped another couple of kilo's with this addition... ;)

The final change was to upgrade from my Gen 1 Annitori Quickshifter to the new 'Intellishift' Translogic Quickshifter... Check the specs on this unit, really impressive and a big step up from the Annitori. Just the whole set up of this unit just oozes professionalism as it actually monitors the engine RPM and adjusts the shift times to suit from 0.66ms right down to .045ms, so I am hoping for even smoother and faster gear shifts for the next round of racing...

So I have achieved quite a big weight reduction, with a more responsive bike and smoother / faster shifts... I cant wait for testing at the island this Monday and Tuesday... I will update this post after the testing... But the new mods are a step in the 'faster' direction for sure...!!

Macca... 8)
Attachments
ZX10R.JPG
The 2011 ZX10R package....
ZX10R.JPG (175.17 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
$T2eC16h,!y!FIc+nQo(RBS,t-iFsQQ~~60_57.JPG
Translogic Quickshifter...
$T2eC16h,!y!FIc+nQo(RBS,t-iFsQQ~~60_57.JPG (110.79 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
LFP12B-41375826316_1.jpg
SSB Ion Lithium Battery...
LFP12B-41375826316_1.jpg (90.67 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
PIC_0206.JPG
Arrow 'Works' Titanium Exhaust...
PIC_0206.JPG (171.34 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: Just a few small mods...

Postby bjn_42 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Well im jealous. Lets swap
Your ambition outweighed your talent
bjn_42
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: Queensland

Postby Baddie » Tue May 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks great Mate.

Congrats on the upgrades...Im running the Bazazz Stand alone QS which I was happy with, fare amount of adjustment and didn't have any issues with Reflashed ECU.

I have near enough same exhaust set up...Sounds great , not sure on Hp gain as it was my first ride and loved it ... love4.gif

Shouldn't have ever left the green army.... the Gen 4 is a amusing bike even for a rookie like me.
http://superbikesource.com.au/
For aftermarket racing products, from Annitori Quickshifters to Race fairings.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/forum.php
Baddie
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby Maccarocks » Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Well done baddie.. good to have you back on a real superbike !!

Next time you even think of changing brands, let me know so I can bitch slap some sense into you.. ;) LOL

Now post some real nice pics of your baby up so we can all see them...

Macca :kuda:
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: Victoria

Postby Baddie » Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Love to post a few...But forgotten who to load Jpegs to forum.

She is current getting suspension service with new springs....Tuneboy has been done and remapped.
http://superbikesource.com.au/
For aftermarket racing products, from Annitori Quickshifters to Race fairings.

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/forum.php
Baddie
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion