06 zx10r advice

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

06 zx10r advice

Postby myzx10r » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Just got my bike back after having 3/4 arrow system + PC + dyno. I got 162.63hp @ RW however I was told my speedo is out between 10-15%, at 100kph on dyno it was 115kph on the tacho.

I was told to buy a speedo healer and it will fix it.

When I bought the bike, the person whom I bought it from told me the front sprocket was reduced by 1 and it was a recall from the dealers.

Has anyone heard off any of the above and if so, how do I fix it.
myzx10r
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Re: 06 zx10r advice

Postby Blurr » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 pm

mate stock front sprocket is a 17. there has been no such recall I have heard of and would struggle to think what issue could possibly warrant a manufacturer to issue such a recall.

Anyways personally I think the dropping 1 tooth on the front with a zx10r roadie is a mandatory. I do it to all my road bikes and have had 2 Gumby's and one bug plus a couple of zx10r track bikes.

I currently have a 07 zx10r and dropped the front to 16 after the very first ride ( had to wait till the 16t was delivered otherwise it would have been done before the first ride).

This done unfortunately put the speedo out by about 14% according to the speedo healer app. Anyways once again I have fitted a few speedo healers because of the above and because I think that it is a good way to keep unwanted KM's off your ODO e.g. at 15% out 40,000kms is only actually 34,000kms. Speedo healer could be easily worth a couple of hundred bucks when it comes time to resell if it lowers the advertised KM's.
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion