Custom Map Vs Auto Tune Gen4 Zx-10r

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

Custom Map Vs Auto Tune Gen4 Zx-10r

Postby shannony » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Hey All,

Just turning to the gurus to get some advice on Power Commander Auto Tune Vs Custom Mapping for the Gen 4 Zx-10R.
Have been playing around with different Maps and recently tried one of the MAPS of another Gen4 with the same setup as myn. Got me thinking about Custom mapping which i have always intended on getting done on the bike however for the price it is going to cost Vs the price of the Auto Tune Module i am in two minds which way to go ?

The Map i am running off another bike looks very very basic and don't get me wrong the bike is running well, still popping a bit on Deaccel around 3.5K rpm but goes like a treat. I think these things just pop from the factory from memory.

So Question i have for the Gang is has anyone tried the Autotune module and has it worked ? I recall in the early days there were issues with the GEN 4 and Auto Tune not sure if SERCO got these sorted and would love advice on the best way to go. In Theory the Autotune Module sounds great provided you have the right Tatget AFRs to go with.

Would love to here feedback on it, Mapping is around the $500 ish mark i have been quoted and the Autotune about $250 .. So whats the best way to go ???

Thanks in Advance !

Shags !
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Re: Custom Map Vs Auto Tune Gen4 Zx-10r

Postby Kermit » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Have you done the smog block plates mod which rids/lessens the decel pop?
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby shannony » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Hey Kermit,

Yeah got a pair of plates off Dan Kyle and there on ! It doesn't really pop to much just a bit of a excess fuel explosion at about 3.5Krpm, I swear i used to here it with the stock system to.
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Jonno » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 am

Same happened on mine especially when the akra shorty was on it.

Autotune as far as i know wasnt configured for this model as it does this already, that money is better off spent on a good tuner and even an ign module if your after good results.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby shannony » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

Cool, Thanks Jonno. The Map is going well also ! Just that pop with 0% throtttle 3750-3500rpm seems very common. Some of the boys on ZX-10r.net have some remedies i might try.
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion