PC V

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

Re: PC V

Postby Mickwitchy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am

What's the best option, pcv with o2 optimiser, or pcv with autotune o2 sensor?
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: ACT

Postby aussieak » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey everyone, Its been a long time since my last post, I traded my my 650RL for Daytona 675R which I am currently selling for a ZX-10R (subject to test ride) Akra slip on with Cat delete was a big plan also keeping the mods low was part of the plan.
From all my research just to swap the pipe u need KLEEN block plates, PCV and O2 optimiser. to make it all work. I really was not chasing HP on this bike more looks.
Can you advise if there is a cheaper option out there I know I could go slip on and leave the Cat but the sound benfit seems to be mute compared to the link pipe option.
Go flat out till you see God then hit the brakes.
aussieak

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Victoria

Postby Mickwitchy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm

As much as people say you need PCV if you remove the cat, I've spoken to a number of gen 4 10r owners who have done the link pipe mod and nothing else, run it like that for ages (including track days) with no issues.

I'm of the belief that if the bike is expecting a certain amount of air from the KLEEN air solenoid, if you remove it, there will be less air (ie. possibly richer mixer) then the ecu will lean it up.

So I've left my KLEEN air in place for now since the ECU is still stock.

P.S If you're buying the link pipe new, get the DANMOTO one....much cheaper than akra and no different as far as I can see.

Cheers,

Mick
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Postby aussieak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks Mick, So your getting little to no backfire and no flat spots in the middle then? The trumpy was so much easier slip on then tune the ECU done
aussieak

Postby holdontight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 am

aussieak wrote:Thanks Mick, So your getting little to no backfire and no flat spots in the middle then? The trumpy was so much easier slip on then tune the ECU done

Dude I'm running a Yoshi 3/4 that gets rid of everything from the headers back, A K&N and have bloked the air pump. Been like that since the bike had 500ks on it. Its done over 4000ks on it now with no dramas. I removed the O2 sensor to read how its tune is running and it is a nice gold coulor so its not lean. yes it will backfire every now and then but if you pay close attention the std pipe will do the same. You just don't notice it. ( Have a look on you-tube and you'll see a few on dynos poping with std pipes).
Last edited by holdontight on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love my new ZX10. It scares the shit out of me.
holdontight
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby aussieak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks for that. Like I said no keen on Dyno and extra power just a nicer looking pipe and more noise for the cages.
aussieak

Postby Mickwitchy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Yeah as above. I don't have any flat spots, in fact, it actually feels like it revs more quickly. And yes, it pops and crackles like a champion on decel, especially after you've just closed the throttle after having it pinned...

But like holdontight, I haven't had any dramas.
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Hi

Postby Lk2lean » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

G'Day mate.
I am new to this site and have noticed from posts here that you seem to be knowledgable on the ZX10's.
Firstly like to introduce myself and then see if you may be able to pass on some intel.
I ride a 09 zx10.
Slip on yoshi and a tre installed.(other wise stock)
Thinking of upgrading to link pipe ,PVC with custom tune over the winter.Would you have a link pipe with the
bung hole for sale?
Any recommendations on a good tuner to supply and install?
Thanks in advance.
Seelan.
Lk2lean

Postby aussieak » Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Quick update been 7K on my new girl and I love riding this thing. Took my time with mods 1st slip on and now the link pipe. Found a new akra one for $120.00 :D :)
They were having a dyno comp so I thought it was good to see what the fuel was doing with the set up. Running OEM filter,akra shorty and link pipe on a tough Dyno I got 160.9HP with the next g4 doing 164.8HP which had the same setup but with PCV.
The Dyno tester was saying my mates bike was spinning the wheel a bit so it lost out on top end HP.
HIs tune was a little rich where mine was a little all over the shop starting at 13.5 dipping to around 12.5 @6500RPM Goes back to 13.5 around 7500RPM them slowly drops to around 12.3. I was happy with my HP result considering I beat a busa that only got 159HP but they said I could do with a decent tune to level out the air.fuel mix and give me a bit of a smoother throttle. Did a run into the hills and persnonally at the 5K-7K mark could not notice any difference.
Bike idles rich you can smell it for sure. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yzl44c3s8mmk0m/2013-05-25%2011.06.21.jpg
aussieak

Postby Mickwitchy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:03 pm

It may be running rich...but you can't tell from smell alone. Removing the cat which used to burn anything left over from combustion means it's all coming out the back instead. I'm surprised you didn't notice a difference, with the same setup I felt it was restricted in middle rpm and 50% throttle.
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Postby aussieak » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:21 pm

I guess by same I meant not flat spots or rough throttle. The extra weight loss has made the bike much easier to handle and its breathing a lot nicer.
aussieak

Postby Dashy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey all. just thought i'd better give this thread a bump and ask a question. I've been lurking on this forum for a while but thoughs better actually make an account and start contributing. I've got myself a 2011 zx6r, and have just installed a full yoshimura TRC stainless exhaust system with a carbon fiber can. I ended up having to buy this system from the state's as I was unable to find an Australian distributor of yoshimura who could sell me this exhaust with the carbon fiber pipe. anyway, being a US exhaust, it came with no Bung for the oxygen sensor. no biggie, I've just installed an oxyg sensor eliminator, which stops the bike from throwing an FI code at me, and have been running it without the sensor in. The bike runs fine, but is a little rough in the lower revs. as above, my plan is to buy and install a power commander and get a map to fix her up and smooth her out. I've found a good source where I plan to buy from here in Australia, bit as a previous poster mentioned, the dealer is recommending I also buy the oxygen sensor emulator. just wondering, you guys have discussed this above, but what is the emulator? like, physically. I know what it does, bit is ita plug that eliminates the need for an oxygen sensor altogether, similar to how I'm running now? or does it plug on between the sensor and the power commander to allow the unit to read what the sensor is telling it and work off that? I.e, will I have to get a sensor bung welded into my mid pipe to allow an Australian power commander with the emulator to work properly? or will I continue to run the bike without the sensor? I gave serco a call the other day, and although the girl there was great in explaining what the emulator does,cwhen it came to telling me what it is, she couldn't answer my question. I get the impression that the kwaka's must be one of the only bikes that require one as tjeres really not that much about them on the net... I've also noticed that most people tend to just buy from over seas for the cost saving, thus eliminating the need for an emulator using the US models, but for reasons mentioned above I want to buy from an Aussie company... any one able to shed sone light on this?
Dashy

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Previous

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion