PC V

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

PC V

Postby Mickwitchy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 am

Hi guys,

Prob a stupid question but I have a 2012 zx10. I'm looking to get a PCV. Just wondering: Do I need just a PCV which I think is the fuel module. Do I require the ignition module or do I just need the fuel one. I know there is a secondary fuel module but I doubt I would get that.

Also, I have a stand alone HM quickshifter (for the stock ecu). Will this work with a PCV (even with the ignition module) or would I need a new loom/a whole new quickshifter?

Cheers,

Mick
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX10R
State: ACT

Re: PC V

Postby holdontight » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 am

You just want the fuel moduel and its plug and play. Could add a auto tune as well or get it custom mapped. The qickshifter will have nothing to do with the PCV and will not effect it.
I love my new ZX10. It scares the shit out of me.
holdontight
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby Mickwitchy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 am

I assume the fuel only just plugs into the injectors. I would only get a PCV if I got a different map. But, in doing so, would I not need to get different ignition maps (if that's what you call them when it relates to ignition)?

My quickshifter plugs into the coil pack plugs so if I got the ignition module, there would be issues, wouldn't there?

If all I need is fuel module, then it should be ok.
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Wattie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm

No ignition module needed :-)
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby shannony » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm

You will need the 02 Optimizer also for your bike mate. Serco probably wont sell you the PCV without it anyway.
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

State: Victoria

Postby Mickwitchy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 am

Who is serco?

what is an o2 optimiser?

does it matter if I buy from overseas as far as tunes/maps go?
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Postby KEL10R » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am

serco is the sole australian distributer of dynotune power commanders (so they state)
link :
http://www.serco.com.au/kawasaki-2011-p ... ries_id=18
your bike has an oxygen (o2) sensor in the exhaust which the ECU reads to constantly tune the bike (i am not overly mechanically minded but this is how i understand it)
KEL10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Please Select a State

Postby shannony » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am

It is required for closed loop operation which happens in 4-th - 6th gear 0-7500RPM and 0-20% Thorttle .. your CRUISING range :)
It will be a battle of ECU vs PCV if you dont do this.

I would stick to Australian supplied for warranty and support reasons Power commander have it plastered all over there web site their store is for US only and if it goes outside your on your own. Unless you can find an amazing deal price wise overseas i would be sticking local.

The OS models don't have a 02 Sensor, so if your buying a link pipe also make sure it has the bung in it for the 02 sensor ... heard of to many people getting caught out with that !
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Mickwitchy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Cheers guys, might go local then. Already have a link pipe with o2 bung from danmoto (much cheaper than akra) so that part is sorted.

Thanks for the info

Mick
Mickwitchy
Warming up
Warming up

Postby holdontight » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

shannony wrote:It is required for closed loop operation which happens in 4-th - 6th gear 0-7500RPM and 0-20% Thorttle .. your CRUISING range :)
It will be a battle of ECU vs PCV if you dont do this.

I would stick to Australian supplied for warranty and support reasons Power commander have it plastered all over there web site their store is for US only and if it goes outside your on your own. Unless you can find an amazing deal price wise overseas i would be sticking local.
The OS models don't have a 02 Sensor, so if your buying a link pipe also make sure it has the bung in it for the 02 sensor ... heard of to many people getting caught out with that !

No there saying that there warranty will not be proveided by the local supplier not that they want warrant there product. If you have a problem you will need to have it resolved from you over seas supplier.

I will be going the PCV and Auto tune soon and will be ordering from good old US of A. Why should I pay serco over $200 more for the same products.. I'm all for shoping local but I'm not going to pay almost 50% more to keep the local guy happy.
holdontight
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby shannony » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Fair point, i got myn at a pretty good price though i think, $350Aus and on the Powercommander Website they are $379 plus postage ?

I went through a dealer to so hope that gives some ammo if anyone wants a cheap Aussie imnported one, or maybe there are better deals in the US didnt bother look to hard.
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Postby Jonno » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

So they have got the autotune to work now on the 10R?
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby holdontight » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Jonno wrote:So they have got the autotune to work now on the 10R?

Don't know. There advertising it for sale for the gen 4.
I realy want to get the factory computer unlocked but just don't want to kill my warranty just yet. The PCv was/is or will be just a stop gap before I get the computer done. If anything go's wrong I can remove it. I can't remove a unlocked computer.
holdontight
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Maccarocks » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Just a quick follow up on what Shannon said about the o2 Optimiser.....

He is correct in that it actually controls the closed loop sector in gears 4 - 6 from zero rpm till 7500.. but this is actually 40% throttle not 20%.. ;) And it does cover the cruise area.. as no matter what gearing you have fitted, you will be in this area in gears 4 - 6 at highway speeds for sure..

It actually richens the mixture up to make the Air/Fuel mixture target a little higher than stock... so it is GOOD for those of you who have removed the cat and have fitted a slip on and / or a higher flow air filter... This info is from lots of emails bouncing back from the 'power commander' tech department.. :D

Macca
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby shannony » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Cheers Macca, i went through similar e-mail wars :). I'll have to sus out my map the installation for the optimizer states 0-20% and to enter values of 8 in the trim tables :(.
I'll sus it out when i get it tuned to see what is happening from 20-40% band :)

I wish they would get there doco right to !!

Beers Soon !
shannony
Warming up
Warming up

Next

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion