2012 ZX10R with M4 GP exhaust

ZX6R, ZX10R, ZX14R, Ninja 1000 etc

Re: 2012 ZX10R with M4 GP exhaust

Postby Maccarocks » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 am

Wattie, there is no cat now, the whole thing has been removed... the exhaust valve on this model is built in the cat..

And so the megaphone attaches directly to the mid point where the headers would normally go into the catalytic convertor, or as Kawasaki call it, the 'pre chamber' as it also acted as part of a muffler to quiet things down.

I did tell Juggy many times in our messages that even with the megaphone db reducing insert in, that it was going to be loud.. and I can guarantee that it would be very loud..!! Definitely cop bait.. so Juggy, make sure you roll off on the gas if you see any blue flashing lights mate... ;)

I have played with many different exhausts (as you all know) so I am pretty well up to date on this subject...

But Juggy, make sure you wear some earplugs if you decide to go for a long ride.. !!

Macca 8)
Maccarocks
16' - Z1000 (Road)
Too many other bikes to fit in here !!
Maccarocks
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby Kermit » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 am

Maccarocks wrote:Definitely cop bait, so Juggy, make sure you roll off on the gas if you see any blue flashing lights mate... ;)

Hopefully he has plenty of kleenex before he tries that, the boys in blue don't appreciate being sharted on.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby pittster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Used to always pull the in clutch past cops on my old GT650 V-twin with a short carbon pipe, it was insanely loud.

Those M4 pipe have always been load du to well not have any muffler there basically straight pipes.

Or you could put your foot over the outlet to shut it up past cops :kuda:
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2008 - R77 Yoshi full system, PC3 Custom Mapped, Benneli bar end mirrors, Puig Double Bubble, Radiator protector, CircuitOne Mirror blanks, Pazzo levers, Shift-I, etc
pittster
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: New South Wales

Postby KEL10R » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Juggy wrote:Recorded this on my Galaxy S. Sounded really statciy on playback will see how it uploads.
Tried a couple of phone app sound meters all gave me around 90db at 7k revs, don't know if I believe that or not though I may have to buy a proper one.

Mine is reading 94dB with the Akrapovic at around 4000rpm,I still have my Cat on (no link pipe), and baffle out ,and doesn't sound as loud as that :shock:
Thanks for the upload juggy,enjoy :kuda:
KEL10R
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Don't have one
State: Please Select a State

Postby Juggy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:01 am

Ha thanks everyone.
Yeah macca think I'll start wearing my uniform on the bike in and back from work rather then plain clothes. Hopefully save me alot of trouble :twisted:
I find the volume to be worse at about 60km/h by the time I get to 100+ the wind noise in my helmet is cancelling out the muffler so no worse then I've had before'.
Will have another go this arvo with my mrs Iphone. Hopefully the sound will be clearer on that.
This is my signature and it can say whatever I want.
Juggy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

State: Queensland

Previous

Return to ZX-R / Ninja Current Model Discussion