Switch to full style
Riding gear and Clothing Discussion
Post a reply

Bell Star Carbon Lids

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi all,

Anyone had one of these.
An off has meant I'm now in the market for a new helmet and was seriously considering one of these.
Seem pretty good and alot cheaper than the X12 I just smashed up

Thanks Jason

Re: Bell Star Carbon Lids

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Yeh Jason, i just bought one, i got the matt black star carbon, awesome helmet, pricey, but not as much as some shoei's.
Fit is very good, nice and snug, i did notice that i needed to go down 1 size than normal to fit nice into the Bell, i have heard this from others also.
Visor works excellent, very nice solid clicks in the visor movement, has a small flick lever to either lock, unlock or slightly open (to let air in). Also has a very easy and great visor removal lever, (i havent changed another visor yet, because i dont have another yet), but is easy to do.
It is light, but not super duper light, certainly lighter than many others out there...1500gm i believe, not sure what some others are.
With more riding, i will give more update as the riding continues.
Certainly happy so far.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 pm

I've had one for a little while now and I really like it. But its a little bit noisey though - I normally wear earplugs anyways.
I bought the Transition Visor, expensive but well worth the money 8)

Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:35 pm

yeh, i am yet to buy another visor, not sure yet if will be a tinted or transition, the later is pricey, more than $150 i believe.
Its an awesome helmet, but i also have found the noise inside it is quite louder than any other helmets i have before. I dont use earplugs, but may need to soon, havent been on any long distance ride yet, but will certainly need them when i do.
I was wondering if there was anything you can do to the helmet to rectify the noise issue, i did see on youtube some guy had bought a 'kind of' skirt' that fitted under the helmet, and seem to block some wind noise...not sure if it actually did or not, and kind of looked a bit stupid, but i guess if it did work, its an option. Might have to invest in some decent plugs i think.
:kuda:

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:03 pm

the skirt thing is a windjammer

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/windjamm ... locker.htm

he sells them on ebay. I had one on my old helmet and it helped but it makes no difference on the one I have now. I think if you shrug your shoulders and its quieter it will help. Get earplugs.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Sweet. Thanks guys.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:48 pm

I have just moved back to NSW. I know Qld has changed its helmet laws so you can wear DOT and SNELL approved helmets that don't have the AS/NZS sticker.
Is that the case down here?

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 am

I think they're still thinking about it.

The Motorcycle Alliance newsletter had a recent article. Just checked their website but it's down unfortunately.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 pm

looks like this has been answered already but i use a carbon pined blue is noisy but wear ear plugs and they have great ventilation and you can change or wash the lining Craig
Post a reply