RS Taichi

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

RS Taichi

Postby Kermit » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Anyone wearing a RS Taichi suit?

Interested in grabbing one and looking for some feedback on quality/fitment/airflow etc.

Cheers
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: RS Taichi

Postby EDU » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Topshelf quality. I'm not sure if that's still the case but they used to make Alpinestars' MotoGP suits in the late 90's early 2000's and just rebadge them for them. Not cheap and last time I checked they didn't offer Kangaroo. Having said that, their hide is as high quality as they get. Tons of air (if you choose perforated), lots of flexibility and etc. Unfortunately it comes at a price... and at that price I'd get a custom mande Gimoto instead.
EDU
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Re: RS Taichi

Postby wheresMyLid » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 pm

I run the Taichi 2 piece suit, really good quality & great perforation. I think Alex will be coming up to the Sydney motorcycle expo so would be a good chance to try out suits then if you can wait. The NXL303 costs 1400, last I checked a gimoto suit is 1495, 400 extra for it to be made to measure, 150 extra for the race sliders on elbow shoulder and knees. So your looking at around 650 more for one. That was last years prices though, may have gone up higher still with the Aussie dollar dropping would have to contact Irena for the latest price list. If you can afford it I would go the gimoto but if you can fit in the taichi suit it would be just as good.
wheresMyLid

Return to Riding Gear Discussion