Nice Leather Jackets for fatter dudes...

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Nice Leather Jackets for fatter dudes...

Postby BrettP1975 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:49 pm

G'day everyone,
I was looking for some nice red/black leather jackets preferably Alpinestars although brand not overly important, in a 64 seeing as I'm a bit on the "rounder" side of things LOL, but jesus do ya think I can find anything, is this like some cruel way of say fat dudes shouldn't ride?? LOL
BrettP1975

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Nice Leather Jackets for fatter dudes...

Postby Nelso » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm

You're a bit ambitious wanting an Alpinestar to fit a full size person. They only make them for skinny bastards. Try Berik, as their sizing is generally more generous.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby h.b.bear » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:06 pm

i think alpinestars only go to 60 but dont quote me on that,i just bought a rst in a 62 from sydney city motorcycles,i dont race or live on a bike so i didnt need anything to exspensive or flash but they did sell fat man jackets. :lol: i tried ebay aswell with no luck.good luck

http://shop.sydneycitymotorcycles.com.a ... black.html
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm

h.b.bear wrote:.....i just bought a rst in a 62 from sydney city motorcycles,i dont race or live on a bike so i didnt need anything to exspensive or flash but they did sell fat man jackets. :lol:......

I had to hire an RST suit at Eastern Creek for the 2010 Xmas track day......I think it was a 64 ? I know it was right up the end of the rack... :lol: but it did fit pretty well ;)

this is what they look like on a phat phuck :kuda:

".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby h.b.bear » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Gosling1 wrote:
h.b.bear wrote:.....i just bought a rst in a 62 from sydney city motorcycles,i dont race or live on a bike so i didnt need anything to exspensive or flash but they did sell fat man jackets. :lol:......

I had to hire an RST suit at Eastern Creek for the 2010 Xmas track day......I think it was a 64 ? I know it was right up the end of the rack... :lol: but it did fit pretty well ;)

this is what they look like on a phat phuck :kuda:

good to see im not the only fat bastard about :lol: Hey Gos you heading to warilla this year if so i will be there and wouldnt mind saying goodday ,if not i will catch up one day 8)
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby kawadave » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Shit h.b bear...you've got the jacket, the bikes and all the gear..;)

All you need now is your license... hat16.gif
Don't knock my turbo lag - it gives your naturally aspirated a chance..

2013 Motogp tipping champ.

83 GPZ 750 Turbo
78 Z1R 1000
80 Z1R Mk11
07 ZRX 1200r
83 GSX1000sd Katana

https://www.youtube.com/user/htmonaro
kawadave
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: Queensland

Postby h.b.bear » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 pm

kawadave wrote:Shit h.b bear...you've got the jacket, the bikes and all the gear..;)

I can ride my cb250 ,cb125 my historic regod bikes on certain days and places and can ride my kle 500 no worries but the one i really want to ride is the zrx,oh and the turbo if i ever get it going but i still sneak the zrx out ocasionally but make sure i do everything right shhhh :lol:
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby BrettP1975 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

I might try Berik, anyone tried RJays from MCAS they go to a big size for the portly gentleman....
BrettP1975

Bike: ZX6R

Postby dickfaber » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 am

i have used this mob for both my jacket and my touring trousers; and im another of the 'fuller figure' gentlemen, at not completely ridiculous prices

http://motoleathers.com.au/

they also have a sizing chart for blokes like us.

http://motoleathers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53 just scroll to the bottom for the correct measuring chart
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6

Postby laidback » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:37 am

dickfaber wrote:........they also have a sizing chart for blokes like us.

http://motoleathers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53 just scroll to the bottom for the correct measuring chart

Luv the diagrams... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roady - ZRX1200R
Tracky - ZX9R F1 Team Jerry Atric

I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.
laidback
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:38 pm

h.b.bear wrote:......good to see im not the only fat bastard about :lol: Hey Gos you heading to warilla this year if so i will be there and wouldnt mind saying goodday ,if not i will catch up one day 8).........

Mate I think Warilla is now on the cards, as they have moved it back 1 week so as not to clash with the big 40th Anniversary Z9 rally down in Victoria.......so I will be doing my level best to get to the VJMC rally as well. Probably head down there on the GPz1100 on Saturday morning as per last year, and hook up with the crew at the Robertson Pie Shop for the ride back to the rally site. Would be good to catch up :kuda:

dickfaber wrote:....they also have a sizing chart for blokes like us.

http://motoleathers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=53 just scroll to the bottom for the correct measuring chart.....

WOOFUCKINHOO !!!! At last some real measurements for real blokes !! :kuda: :kuda: :kuda:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby dickfaber » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm

interestingly, this place was started by the owner/techie/ etc of the first (and as far as i know, only) australian top shelf gp team
and i grew up 4 doors from him in qld! always remembered him as the short/skinny bloke who rode weird bikes up to the pub! he has since died and the shop is run by his son, who is no muppet on 2 wheels either.
http://motoleathers.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=27
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6

Postby Strika » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:53 pm

h.b.bear wrote:
kawadave wrote:Shit h.b bear...you've got the jacket, the bikes and all the gear..;)

I can ride my cb250 ,cb125 my historic regod bikes on certain days and places and can ride my kle 500 no worries but the one i really want to ride is the zrx,oh and the turbo if i ever get it going but i still sneak the zrx out ocasionally but make sure i do everything right shhhh :lol:

Mate, you be careful posting shit like this in here :shock: . There are people who would rope you into the same category as a Goose for riding a bike unlicensed!! Not me, I think it should be encouraged!! Far better to seek forgiveness than ask permission!!! ;)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby h.b.bear » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Strika wrote:
h.b.bear wrote:

Mate, you be careful posting shit like this in here :shock: . There are people who would rope you into the same category as a Goose for riding a bike unlicensed!! Not me, I think it should be encouraged!! Far better to seek forgiveness than ask permission!!! ;)

Have red p's for another 8months and then full licence so not totaly illegal,just ocasionally i slip down the back road on the zxr which as you know is not lams just for a couple of kays and back just to stop the redbacks nesting .
h.b.bear
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby CrozRX » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Mate years ago Mars Leathers on Elizabeth St in Melbourne use to sponsor me. I went in there late last year looking for a jacket and found out that I must ride a Harley or something to look cool. Nah #uck that. Found a nice jacket back at my old mates bike shop in Albury. There ya go for bigger guys.
CrozRX

State: Queensland

Next

Return to Riding Gear Discussion