Which Bike to Bike Intercom is best?

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: Which Bike to Bike Intercom is best?

Postby Bogan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 am

Macca and I use Blueant Interphone systems, at first I was a little apprehensive about it but after a while it's great. Being able to talk to each other while doing 3000km through Victoria in October 2010 was just fantastic.

http://www.strike.com.au/products/Motorcycle-Bluetooth

:kuda:
Tony

I have become race...

the kid wrote:But remember one thing , Dave #3 watches videos of rampant Circus Ponies every time Cath goes down the street shopping so dont listen to anything he says . :twisted:
Bogan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi
State: ACT

Postby Leanne » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 pm

ZORDO1200 wrote:Sena SMH10 is great. bluetooth phone, ipod, bike to bike.up to 3 other riders. 900 yard range. :kuda:
Can hear music even with ear plugs & high revs
Cheers

We ummed and ahhed for a while and finally bought the SMH10 while we were at the World Supers.
Tried it out on the way home and it was great to be able to communicate now and then with each other about where we were going etc without stopping.
Could hear the music and intercom conversation through the moulded ear plugs just fine. Very easy to pair to the mobile phone and playback music through it. Nelso had a few phone calls while riding and he said he could hear clearly and so could the caller.
Thanks for the recommendation, it was helpful in making the decision of whether to buy it. :kuda:
Road '10 ZX10R
Dirt '99 KLX250
Race '90 CBR400
Leanne
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX10R
State: New South Wales

Postby Disco » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Leanne wrote:Nelso had a few phone calls while riding and he said he could hear clearly and so could the caller.

Why didn't he call Wattie and tell him to wait 4 minute's :P :lol: .....Sorry Leanne :kuda:
Stopping=Crashing!
Disco
Team Monster

Bike: ZX6R
State: Please Select a State

Postby Strika » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Leanne wrote:
ZORDO1200 wrote:Sena SMH10 is great. bluetooth phone, ipod, bike to bike.up to 3 other riders. 900 yard range. :kuda:
Can hear music even with ear plugs & high revs
Cheers

We ummed and ahhed for a while and finally bought the SMH10 while we were at the World Supers.
Tried it out on the way home and it was great to be able to communicate now and then with each other about where we were going etc without stopping.
Could hear the music and intercom conversation through the moulded ear plugs just fine. Very easy to pair to the mobile phone and playback music through it. Nelso had a few phone calls while riding and he said he could hear clearly and so could the caller.
Thanks for the recommendation, it was helpful in making the decision of whether to buy it. :kuda:

So it was nice having some music to listen to while you sat waiting for Nelso to catch up hey Leanne? :lol:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby Nelso » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Disco wrote:
Leanne wrote:Nelso had a few phone calls while riding and he said he could hear clearly and so could the caller.

Why didn't he call Wattie and tell him to wait 4 minute's :P :lol: .....Sorry Leanne :kuda:

'Cause he didn't have an intercom silly. :finga: and I did try to ring Phil and Hoffy but neither stopped to answer, so next year it will be compulsory for every rider on the CDT to have an intercom. ;)
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Nelso » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Strika wrote:So it was nice having some music to listen to while you sat waiting for Nelso to catch up hey Leanne? :lol:

The batteries only have a 10 hour life so she can't listen to it the whole time.
Green '08 ZRX1200 Road bike
Green 2012 ZX10 Track/race bike
Green '89 H1 ZXR750 race bike
'89 RMX250 motard race bike
2015 YZ450
2017 KTM EXC300
Nelso
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby JetPilot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Must say I rang Nelso and could hear him clear as a bell.
I might have to look into this for the future CDT :))
Kawasaki Z1000r 2012
JetPilot
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000

Which Bike to Bike Intercom is best?

Postby Wattie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Nelso wrote:
Disco wrote:

'Cause he didn't have an intercom silly. :finga: and I did try to ring Phil and Hoffy but neither stopped to answer, so next year it will be compulsory for every rider on the CDT to have an intercom. ;)

Ah but I did have my phone hooked up to my headphones, it wouldn't been dodgy but I would have heard you clear as day... You however would have just heard wind... :)
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Phil » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Wattie wrote:.. You however would have just heard wind... :)

Did they try and ring Gos as well :P
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion