Gear for my wife

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Gear for my wife

Postby StuMiller » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm looking to start shopping for some leather gear for my wife and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations, suggestions or anything for sale?

Cheers.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-42.818076,147.608273
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Tasmania

Re: Gear for my wife

Postby Strika » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Start off with stuff which isn't too out there. What I mean is, maybe go for a tight leather skirt first, before moving into the heavier studded collars and gimp masks. My wife rather likes her strap on bound on a leather harness. Maybe try that for a start. Hope that helps? :D

Depends on what you want, but, I get wood when a hot girl with a tight bod gets about in either Dianese or, better still, Alpine Star girls gear. Mmmmmmmmmmm Girls in tight Alpine Stars........ Movement off the seam.........Yummm. :D
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby born green » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Strika wrote:Start off with stuff which isn't too out there. What I mean is, maybe go for a tight leather skirt first, before moving into the heavier studded collars and gimp masks. My wife rather likes her strap on bound on a leather harness. Maybe try that for a start. Hope that helps? :D

Depends on what you want, but, I get wood when a hot girl with a tight bod gets about in either Dianese or, better still, Alpine Star girls gear. Mmmmmmmmmmm Girls in tight Alpine Stars........ Movement off the seam.........Yummm. :D

In good form i see marty :lol: :lol:
Well stu u havent said what's the leather's for...mmmm
But all jokes aside, google is ur best friend.. AMX in melbourne are stocking good stuff now, and will compete with anyone on price, and there's a few good stores in sydney that seem to be doing great deals.
Depends on what u and her want, maybe draggins and a good jacket to start with, but the price of leather's now, u would get a 2 piece for the same price..
Someone posted up the prices of 2pieces joe rocket gear a little while ago, worth a look as it was dirt cheap, and im sure that would last her a long time.
That and some good boots, them u really do need, and good gloves are just as important, that way she will feel properly dressed for the rides... u were talking about bike leather's??? :lol: :lol:
The other i cant help u with... but marty seems to be on it :lol: :lol:
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby z900/zx9 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I Seen some joe rocket jackets 4.0 leather on special from rockymouintain for $99.00 just to small for me :roll:
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Strika » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:18 pm

z900/zx9 wrote:I Seen some joe rocket jackets 4.0 leather on special from rockymouintain for $99.00 just to small for me :roll:

Must have been made for Frodo then! :lol:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby born green » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Strika wrote:
z900/zx9 wrote:I Seen some joe rocket jackets 4.0 leather on special from rockymouintain for $99.00 just to small for me :roll:

One of the shops in sydney was selling 2piece joe jocket for $299 i think???
Maybe were barking up the wrong tree.... maybe stu was talking about that other leather gear :shock: :shock:
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby smithy5 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Bike Gear Warehouse (Matt Mladin) is the Aussie importer of Joe Rocket gear.
He is at Smeaton Grange in Sydney's South West Stu, about 45 mins along the M2 and M7 from Ryde which you know.
I kitted my misses out with a 2 piece Trixie suit and gloves for under $300 a year or two ago.
Here is the link. Check out the clearance items in the womens gear section, sizes are limited though.
http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/
2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1700 Storm
Suzuki 1300 LillBusa Ute
Serviced by Allfixed Automotive Castle Hill PH: (02) 9634 1455
SRT Survivor & Oficial Photographer
smithy5
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Scooter
State: New South Wales

Gear for my wife

Postby StuMiller » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Cheers all...I think. The leather gear is for the bike, however I like the alternate thinking!!

She's keen to get amongst the biking fraternity so I'm happy to encourage it. That means more riding for me!!

I too, am a huge fan of a tidy young lass in bike leather! I like the curves!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-42.818013,147.608036
2007 ZX6 - Road bike
StuMiller
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: Tasmania

Postby z900/zx9 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Strika wrote:

Ha Ha Ha too small as is i need a 56 not a size 6 :P
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby dilligaf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:21 pm

could try tiger angel or jackson racing

http://www.jacksonracing.com.au/

http://www.tigerangel.com/

both Melbourne based
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby hoffy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm

just ride nude together brother...let it dangle 8)
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Bike: Z1000

Postby Phil » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:44 am

I got my wife a custom made Tiger Angel suit about 13 years ago, she still uses it now. Best part about a two piece suit is the flexibility. I agree the Alpinstars Stella range especially for girls is good gear that looks great. A pair of Draggins in also handy for those "arond town" jaunts when leathers are too much. I agree that good boots and gloves are also inportant. Again the Alpinstars Stella boots are great, I got the "Torre" for both my daughters, look good and waterproof. My wife has big feet so she wears mens boots in the same size as me - handy that.

Good helmets are also available for not a lot of $ these days, try on as many as you can and get the one that fits best.

Here is a pic of the boots I got my daughters, and the boss in her leather jacket and draggins.
Attachments
torre boot.jpg
torre boot.jpg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 8525 times
P1020203sml1024.jpg
P1020203sml1024.jpg (201.88 KiB) Viewed 8525 times
Phil

2018 Z900RS
2017 Z125 Pro

HCC - Road Captain
Phil
Philthy
Philthy

Postby Cath » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am

Leathers are not like other clothing. As one hilarious Collins leathers guy said to me "You women come in different SHAPES as well as sizes" as opposed to blokes who apparently just come in different sizes :lol:

It's true though. Finding a leather suit that fits bust, waist and hips can be a little more involved than with say... a pair of pyjamas. So, be prepared for trying on multiple styles, possible alterations, and consider custom-made if she's hooked and it's worth the investment to you. Some people I know have tried buying stuff cheap (online, without trying it on) with the idea that if it doesn't fit you won't lose too much selling it on - may work, but it's a risk. Or, she may hit the jackpot and the first off-the-shelf suit she tries on will fit her perfectly... Buy a lottery ticket if that happens, by the way :lol:

The only thing I'll suggest is to go for 2 piece, not 1 piece. 2 piece are so much more convenient for social / road riding. Other than that, just get her to try stuff on, or look at some of the manufacturers others have mentioned
Road: 2005 ZX10R - not named yet
Road: 2008 Z750 - Kwak
Track: 2006 ZX6R - Yoshi (with a very Genki undertail)
Cath
KSRC Addict
KSRC Addict

Postby oldman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:27 am

[/quote]
Ha Ha Ha too small as is i need a 56 not a size 6 :P[/quote]
My kind of woman!!! Nothing worse than a skinny boney woman.
oldman

Postby Strika » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 am

Cath wrote:Leathers are not like other clothing. As one hilarious Collins leathers guy said to me "You women come in different SHAPES as well as sizes" as opposed to blokes who apparently just come in different sizes :lol:

It's true though. Finding a leather suit that fits bust, waist and hips can be a little more involved than with say... a pair of pyjamas. So, be prepared for trying on multiple styles, possible alterations, and consider custom-made if she's hooked and it's worth the investment to you. Some people I know have tried buying stuff cheap (online, without trying it on) with the idea that if it doesn't fit you won't lose too much selling it on - may work, but it's a risk. Or, she may hit the jackpot and the first off-the-shelf suit she tries on will fit her perfectly... Buy a lottery ticket if that happens, by the way :lol:

The only thing I'll suggest is to go for 2 piece, not 1 piece. 2 piece are so much more convenient for social / road riding. Other than that, just get her to try stuff on, or look at some of the manufacturers others have mentioned

I agree. My wife and I shopped around and probably tried on 10 or 20 different ones till we settled on one that fitted her properly. Here's a pic of her and I riding together. :)
Attachments
wifes strapon.jpg
wifes strapon.jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Next

Return to Riding Gear Discussion