Knox Handroid - poor quality

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Knox Handroid - poor quality

Postby Icey_Cold » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 am

Hey guys,

I purchased a pair of knox handroids a few months ago however I only noticed the other day that the glove was fraying in the gauntlet area. I contacted knox about it and the rep told me that the leather will fray because of the velcro strap if it isn't lined up properly. I told the rep real leather doesn't fray, she then changed her mind and said it wasn't leather. Poor quality if the glove will fray because of its own velcro strap?!?!? Even worse when the rep claims it's leather then I tell her it's not. The gloves have been in no accidents, they either live inside my helmet or I wear them.

The rep told me this has happened before and that was it, no further help! When I payed good money for a glove I expect it to LAST longer than 2-3months, especially when it was the velcro on the glove wrecking the glove itself! Not happy!

Icey_Cold

Bike: ZX10R
State: ACT

Re: Knox Handroid - poor quality

Postby dickfaber » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:58 am

why worry, i have a pair of teknic gloves, same thing on the back of the hand, rep doesnt want to know.
so 300 bucks for 6 months protection - f$%^&ing great
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6
State: New South Wales

Postby born green » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 am

dickfaber wrote:why worry, i have a pair of teknic gloves, same thing on the back of the hand, rep doesnt want to know.
so 300 bucks for 6 months protection - f$%^&ing great

Hear you, i had a pair of top shelf dainese race gloves for track work, lasted 6months, wore holes thru the palm's, not happy, bought a pair of RST PRO gloves, 2year's old and still going strong :D :D
It's one of those things, u dont know how their going to wear, untill u wear them, than they dont want to know, cause there used ????
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

State: Victoria

Postby Strika » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:32 am

Under Australian consumer law, a consumer has a right to expect a product to last a reasonable amount of time. I doubt it could be considered reasonable to last only three months, regardless of use. As for the Rep and the Distributor, don't believe either the Distributor or retail outlets BS. Your contract is with the bike shop you purchased the gloves from. Not the Distributor. Go back to the bike shop, clearly and calmly state your case about reasonable use etc., let them know that if there is no recompense, that you will lodge a claim with small claims. This costs you fuck all and the shop lots. They are most likely to refund/replace at their choice and argue it out with the Dist. Do not let them feed you that crap about it being the Distributors responsibility and when you lodge the claim. They have set the precident by dealing direct with you and as you have had contact with both companies, lodge it against both. It will cost them double then... :twisted:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Postby born green » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:05 am

Strika wrote:Under Australian consumer law, a consumer has a right to expect a product to last a reasonable amount of time. I doubt it could be considered reasonable to last only three months, regardless of use. As for the Rep and the Distributor, don't believe either the Distributor or retail outlets BS. Your contract is with the bike shop you purchased the gloves from. Not the Distributor. Go back to the bike shop, clearly and calmly state your case about reasonable use etc., let them know that if there is no recompense, that you will lodge a claim with small claims. This costs you fuck all and the shop lots. They are most likely to refund/replace at their choice and argue it out with the Dist. Do not let them feed you that crap about it being the Distributors responsibility and when you lodge the claim. They have set the precident by dealing direct with you and as you have had contact with both companies, lodge it against both. It will cost them double then... :twisted:

I had the same problem years ago with the AGV importer, Mclouds from memory.
Was using AGV's when i was teaching, had problems with the lining wearing out, there excuse was because i was using it to much, as in 6days a week, and taking it on and off 30 times a day.... words were exchanged, and as i told them, it was going to cost them a lot of lost sales, because student's used to ask what was best, what to use ect, and i was straight to the point with them, and told them that i would tell everyone of them to steer clear of AGV, as there back up was a joke... never bought one since..
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby z900/zx9 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 pm

I have a set of motodry winter gloves and they are 7 years old and still all good,thats with about 30,000 ks a year use.I also have a set of the aldi gloves 2 years old and not a problem .Plus a set of shift summer gloves 3 years old and also no problems
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby JetPilot » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:50 pm

My Dainese gloves cost $290 3 years ago and I cant fault them. Very comfy and long wearing.
They do need changing now as a small hole has appeared on thumb due to leather getting a bit thin., but hey after 3 years Im not complaining. Replacement.... the same again thanks.
Kawasaki Z1000r 2012
JetPilot
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Return to Riding Gear Discussion