Poll ended at Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:15 pm

berik
33%
gimoto
67%

Total votes : 6

Re: gimoto v berik

Postby Ed@OML » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 am

Why would you order a Gimoto suit from the USA (and pay more)?

And a mini moto suit?

The Berik capirex is a decent suit, although it's only a few panels that are roo. I doubt anyone locally knows more about Beriks than Irena - she does the warranty work for Ficeda and prepped about a dozen suits for race teams last year. She reckons they're good value for money.

But for quality, you won't get better than Gimoto. They're not cheap, but they're made by experts, you can choose any colour combination and there's loads of options for perforation, custom fit, logos and patches etc. They're the top end of the market, and if anyone knows of better leathers, please tell us.
Ed@OML

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby Reedy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:45 am

Reedy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby Six Addict » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:07 pm

thanks guys, i have ended up with the berik suit in the OP :kuda:
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Bike: Ducati

Postby Six Addict » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Ed@OML wrote:Why would you order a Gimoto suit from the USA (and pay more)?

And a mini moto suit?

The Berik capirex is a decent suit, although it's only a few panels that are roo. I doubt anyone locally knows more about Beriks than Irena - she does the warranty work for Ficeda and prepped about a dozen suits for race teams last year. She reckons they're good value for money.

But for quality, you won't get better than Gimoto. They're not cheap, but they're made by experts, you can choose any colour combination and there's loads of options for perforation, custom fit, logos and patches etc. They're the top end of the market, and if anyone knows of better leathers, please tell us.

ive visited irena personally, when i was trying to get my spidi leathers altered (that didnt work out) and she recommended gimoto, hence why i looked at the gimoto minimotos.... why minimoto? cos they were cheap, and wouldnt be a lot different to what i would want for supermoto riding ;)

but as i say ive ended up with the berik leathers because the gimoto lead time would be too long...
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Postby Ed@OML » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Ah, you could've looked at the Gimoto motard suit ($1200). Maybe not in these colours.

Ed@OML

Bike: Suzuki

Postby Jonno » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:09 am

Six Addict wrote:

And a mini moto suit?

ive visited irena personally, when i was trying to get my spidi leathers altered (that didnt work out) and she recommended gimoto, hence why i looked at the gimoto minimotos.... why minimoto? cos they were cheap, and wouldnt be a lot different to what i would want for supermoto riding ;)

but as i say ive ended up with the berik leathers because the gimoto lead time would be too long...

How much time do you have?
My GiMoto suit took 4 weeks from order. Well worth the wait to get a tailor fit.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Six Addict » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:55 am

Jonno wrote:
Six Addict wrote:

And a mini moto suit?

How much time do you have?
My GiMoto suit took 4 weeks from order. Well worth the wait to get a tailor fit.

i only have till marulan, went with the berik... i would have got organised earlier, but only just did may tax...
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 2014
Six Addict
Pinchy
Pinchy

Postby SoundGuy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Gimoto tailored fit all the way!!

But expensive ;)
SoundGuy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Jonno » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 pm

SoundGuy wrote:Gimoto tailored fit all the way!!

But expensive ;)

$1500 or there about from memory.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion