Takami CF helmet

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Takami CF helmet

Postby Kermit » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 pm

http://www.takamii.com.au/?option=com_c ... 5&Itemid=9

Has anyone purchased it and care to share their opinion of it?

Being CF, I gather it will be light, but I was interested in the build quality, noise & sizing; would it be identical to say other mainstream helmets.

Supposedly the developer is in the process of making photochromatic visors

Unfortunately there are no stores in Sydney that I could find that I could inspect/try it on.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Re: Takami CF helmet

Postby Bogan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Pretty sure Gos has used one of these, search Takamii and see what you can find?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33044&hilit=Takamii
Tony

I have become race...

the kid wrote:But remember one thing , Dave #3 watches videos of rampant Circus Ponies every time Cath goes down the street shopping so dont listen to anything he says . :twisted:
Bogan
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Other Kawi
State: ACT

Postby Wattie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:35 pm

i won a Rjays CFK1 helmet at stgeorge.

it looks to ok, by the quick look in the shop. waiting on my helmet to arrive :?
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Kermit » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Bogan wrote:Pretty sure Gos has used one of these, search Takamii and see what you can find?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33044&hilit=Takamii

Cheers, I did see that link prior to posting; however there is no personal experience from anyone who tried/owned one.
Kermit
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Takamii » Sun May 22, 2011 12:43 pm

had a call on saturday morning from a racer in Adelaide who has one of my helmets for racing ( he bought it from Micks Leather fix at Winton just before Easter )

He called to thank me for saving his life

He was racing at Phillip Island I believe ( just last week ?) and was in second spot - lost it due to slippery conditions started sliding in a low side and was hit on the back of the head by another bikes front wheel at about 170 kph ( the rider who hit him claims approx this speed ) - all he heard was a huge bang like an explosion and was wondering what the hell it was from

The helmet seems to have a crack in the clear coat about 3 inches long but the carbon fibre doesnt look cracked or damaged at all ( according to him ) - he will send it back to me so the factory lab can analyse the helmet and its performance in this situation

He slid and tumbled etc across the track and so on - the visor didnt even come off the helmet, he tells me during all this he did not loose consciousness or clarity - he was clear minded all the way through and after the incident and when he stopped rolling/sliding he stood up and opened his visor and went to help the other guy

The guy that hit him high sided onto the grass and his SHOEI lost its visor and got smashed up, apparently this guy also lost consciousness.

He is writing me a story about the incident and so is the guy that hit him and they will send me pictures - I will post this up for people to see when I receive it.

he is also going to supply his phone number for people to call and verify the incident if they wish

His name is Alex - 0407 716344

( oh and him and his mate ordered 4 new helmets for racing based on this incident and the outcome )
Takamii
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Yamaha
State: ACT

Return to Riding Gear Discussion