2 piece leather suit advice

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: 2 piece leather suit advice

Postby tim » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Thing to be careful of with overseas leathers purchases is when things go bust (zippers) you're stuffed for warrantly. I've seen it happen twice in the last few months, both were with Alpinestars suits where the quality of the zipper didn't seem particularly good. Zippers going on leather gear seems to happen quite early and often.

That being said I love my alpinestars 2 piece to bits and the zipper seems to be very good quality on mine, with both the road and track pants, brought it all second hand and the jacket must be up to about 300 uses with me and going well. I borrowed a mates Dainese jacket when I first got my L's and I found the alpinestars to be more comfortable, but I'd probably rather crash in Dianese, that leather was insanely thick! :kuda:
Last edited by tim on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby tim » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Blurr wrote:
Myself I just bought a Teknic Accelerator suit, Kangaroo leather for $870 from the states. Much cheaper then anywhere here as they go for almost triple that here.

For what it's worth I recently got some Kangaroo leather gloves and they're awesome! The feel from them is great!
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Strika » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 pm

tim wrote:
Blurr wrote:
Myself I just bought a Teknic Accelerator suit, Kangaroo leather for $870 from the states. Much cheaper then anywhere here as they go for almost triple that here.

For what it's worth I recently got some Kangaroo leather gloves and they're awesome! The feel from them is great!

What are they like on the bike though? ;) ;)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby vivek67 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Richard,

Are peter stevens prices different from store to store? I don't have to go to ferntree gully do I? I might check out the city store again
-------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Ninja ZX6R
vivek67
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby dilligaf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm

vivek67 wrote:Richard,

Are peter stevens prices different from store to store? I don't have to go to ferntree gully do I? I might check out the city store again

not sure. don't go to ferntreegully that often. you could call them if you know what you want.
call AMX as well and maybe bikemart.

http://www.bikemart.net.au/
That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S. Thompson.
dilligaf
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z900

Postby tim » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Strika wrote:
tim wrote:
Blurr wrote:

What are they like on the bike though? ;) ;)

:lol:

I'm confused and concerned about what all the protection is for though.
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Strika » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 am

vivek67 wrote:Richard,

I just found a good connection with one of the accessory guys who works at FTG. He really looks after me, so I buy stuff from there pretty much all the time. It might be worth trying the city and trying the gully on a Saturday just to see if you can haggle it down any further.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion