Dodgy riding gear

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Dodgy riding gear

Postby Spaldo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Well a few weeks back i went out and purchased all my riding gear for road use and odd track day, i purchesed Sidi boots,M2R summer jacket and a M2R winter leather Jacket and some Dragger pants,... any way after having the summer jacket on no more than 5 times, the zip in the sleave cuff, shit its self, so i took it back i promply got a new one given to me, about 5 rides latter on my new jacket, same bloody thing has happened, when i took it back , the rep for dry rider M2R just happened to be there, any way i got a new jacket again, he claims this has only happened 2 times in Australia and i got both :shock: now iam worried iam going to have issues with my winter jacket, is this sort of capper common, has anyone had any issues with dryrider M2R gear before i thought i was purchasing good quality street gear at a fair price iam now starting to tyhink differently.....Any thoughts or feed back ???
If you have it under control you don't have enough Power
Spaldo

Bike: ZX10R
State: Western Australia

Re: Dodgy riding gear

Postby Nosferatu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm

I bought a Dririder jacket and pants when i first got my riding gear, can't remember what model they are, but the main zipper went on my jacket too. It lasted a few years before it broke though. The pants are brilliant though, never had a problem with them.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Nosferatu
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

State: Queensland

Postby dutchy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:42 pm

I got a dri-rider climate control about 4 years ago now, maybe longer. Haven't had an issue with it yet. :D
I plan on living forever..............so far so good!!
Self appointed official poon-tang image supplier to KSRC
2010 KSRC MotoGP tipping champion

1998 ZX7R
1982 GPZ 550
dutchy
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX7R
State: Victoria

Postby DaveGPz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Always been happy with dri-rider. Not water-proof (not much is) but water resistant and comfortable. Sounds like you have a good dealer (given your Perth-Pilbara commute must be about 3000k :D ) Zips are always a problem on any gear.
"I just want to ride" Joe Satriani, Ride, 1989
DaveGPz
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: It's not worth Mentioning
State: Victoria

Postby tim » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 pm

When I first started riding I brought the top of the line RST winter jacket and the zipper went within the first week. It was replaced straight away and it's been perfect ever since.
2008 ZX6R Special Edition
tim
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Spaldo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

There is no bloody way you would get me riding from the pilbara to perth it's 16000 ks so 3200 return, its bad enough in a car with a coldy :drinkers: and chicken sandwiches :lol: screw it on a bike plus its like riding into a hair dryer up here, bike stays in perth and i fly....
well i feel a little better knowing others have had problems the same with there zips that is, just thought it was crap that it happened 2wice and with in days, stuff just doesnt seem to be built to last any more...... I must add though, other than the zip issue iam really happy with the jacket...
If you have it under control you don't have enough Power
Spaldo

Postby Possum » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:56 pm

My Dri-rider jacket is 12yrs old, wear it every winter, zip is starting to go now...
Dri-rider pants 10yrs old and are still like new..
It all comes down to how you ride it.....
Possum
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Z1000

Return to Riding Gear Discussion