Riding to work - when you have to dress formal

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: Riding to work - when you have to dress formal

Postby Chitchats » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:21 am

Geez vivek, if your this indecisive about clothes i would hate to see your riding style in peak traffic. Just do what you want, whether it be squidding or a change of clothes. Mate of mine rides in a full suit on a R1 and he rides it like a nut but he doesnt care. Whatever works best mate. ;)

:kuda: :kuda:
Chitchats
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: Z1000
State: New South Wales

Postby mikeman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Yeah, it's hardly fair that only scooter riders can ride with their suits on... what about us on racing bikes? :D

Maybe Alpinestars could release a kevlar lined suit... now there's an idea!
Needs more CCs between his legs.
mikeman
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: Ninja 250
State: Please Select a State

Postby QWAKA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:38 am

anyone who tells you to htfu and rides an r1 with just a suit on needs to stfu! protective gear is called that for a reason, sliding down the road at 60k's in wool blend will give you about 0.002 seconds of protection and about 3 months of agonizing pain and skin grafts! doesn't matter if you ride like a demon or a nanna, they are called accidents because no one plans for them to happen. and trust me there is always a volvo lurking in the bushes waiting to pounce. so my advice to you is no matter how hot or bothersome your gear may seem its a lot less painful than fishcakes on your ass! :kuda:
QWAKA

Postby Chitchats » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

QWAKA wrote:anyone who tells you to htfu and rides an r1 with just a suit on needs to stfu! protective gear is called that for a reason, sliding down the road at 60k's in wool blend will give you about 0.002 seconds of protection and about 3 months of agonizing pain and skin grafts! doesn't matter if you ride like a demon or a nanna, they are called accidents because no one plans for them to happen. and trust me there is always a volvo lurking in the bushes waiting to pounce. so my advice to you is no matter how hot or bothersome your gear may seem its a lot less painful than fishcakes on your ass! :kuda:

Well tiger, who's in a mood then? Stfu i will not when asked of experiences of a subject i can add to i will submit them, afterall its a forum, isnt that the idea?

R1 and suit, scooters and thongs, who cares, each to their own.
Chitchats
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby QWAKA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am

thats mr tiger to you, it might be a forum but opinions and advice that encourages someone to do a stupid thing is in itself a stupid thing to do! whether you ride a scooter, r1, postie, or a 250 my point is you should always have your gear on. lets me guess, your from the school of learn the hard way!!! after seeing my mate sliding down the road(p-plater changed lanes and clipped his back wheel) in a t-shirt and shorts because it was "to hot and we are just going down the road" and have to visit the dumb bastard in hospital in absolute agony i can't stress this point enough! and guess what, he now puts his gear on everytime!!!! why? because pain hurts!
QWAKA

Postby Chitchats » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:26 pm

tiger, pour yourself another chardonay and have a big sip, "Opinions" thats exactly the point, we all have different ones. Whether they are deemed wrong or right well thats up to your "opinion" to decide, however your opinion clearly will differ from others. Not once did i encourage our mate vivek to squid to work i simply shared my experience with him, you didnt like that because of your friend, well thats your experience and instead of just sharing that you went down the "beat up" road about others. Like i said it is each to their own, i couldnt care less if you ride in undies and come off, thats your choice and live or die by it .

This is my opinion.
Chitchats
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby QWAKA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm

fair enough but i still stand by my opinion, and whether or not you believe it most new riders look up to experienced riders such as yourself. so to even mention that fact that your mate rides in a suit and doesn't care embeds the thought in his mind, "monkey see monkey do" as for the Chardonnay, keep it for yourself as you seem to need it more than me! i'm more partial to a jd & coke myself. :lol:
QWAKA

Postby hoffy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm

im going to a wedding on Sat....any suggestions? gonna take the boyfriend
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby mike-s » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:18 pm

There's a reason i only wear microfibre shirts. The bastards are almost impossible to crease, which makes for a bit of convenience when you ride to work. Also means i just need to take them out of the drier and throw them on a hanger and there aren't any creases.
If it hurts, you aren't doing it right.
mike-s
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Suzuki

Postby hoffy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Stealthmod strikes again... Or is it th? Nobody knows :lol:
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby Wattie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:33 pm

hoffy V2.0 wrote:Stealthmod strikes again... Or is it th? Nobody knows :lol:

Some people do...
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby hoffy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Meh'

Keyboard jockies... Get out n ride poofs :lol:
hoffy
Team Barge
Team Barge

Postby QWAKA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 pm

hoffy V2.0 wrote:Meh'

Keyboard jockies... Get out n ride poofs :lol:

now how can i argue with that!!!! :lol:
QWAKA

Postby Jonno » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 am

QWAKA wrote:anyone who tells you to htfu and rides an r1 with just a suit on needs to stfu! protective gear is called that for a reason, sliding down the road at 60k's in wool blend will give you about 0.002 seconds of protection and about 3 months of agonizing pain and skin grafts! doesn't matter if you ride like a demon or a nanna, they are called accidents because no one plans for them to happen. and trust me there is always a volvo lurking in the bushes waiting to pounce. so my advice to you is no matter how hot or bothersome your gear may seem its a lot less painful than fishcakes on your ass! :kuda:

I would like to see the data on the results of that wool blend slide test, and are fish cakes on your ass a weird R1 rider and volvo interaction thing at the fush un chup shop?
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi
State: Queensland

Postby Chitchats » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:54 am

QWAKA wrote:fair enough but i still stand by my opinion, and whether or not you believe it most new riders look up to experienced riders such as yourself. so to even mention that fact that your mate rides in a suit and doesn't care embeds the thought in his mind, "monkey see monkey do" as for the Chardonnay, keep it for yourself as you seem to need it more than me! i'm more partial to a jd & coke myself. :lol:

Fair play , Turkey and coke for me ;)

Ride safe :twisted: :kuda: :kuda:
Chitchats
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Gear Discussion