Underdog Clothing - Any Comments?

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

Re: re: Underdog Clothing - Any Comments?

Postby Smitty » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:32 am

Ratmick wrote:I tried some of the Underdag stuff on today. Not good. A few of you have met me, I'm 5'6" on a good day with a tailwind. However, I'm pretty wide and I have legs like a turkey. I needed a XL pair of pants just to get over my thighs, and they ended up about 6" too long. Normally my boots would stop hanging down on the ground, but even they couldn't make the knee pads come up further than my shins :cry:
...AND I needed an XL jacket to fit my shoulders into. I looked like a gumby.

Mick
thats the description of the Michelin Man :shock:
you a relative?????

hehehe
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

Postby greenmeanie » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:53 am

tanyathecheeky wrote:guy told me it would be 6 weeks, max 8...
Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya i know how you feel i've been down that road b4 :lol: . You will get them eventually. I can't exactly remember how long it took to get my 2 piece suit but was longer than 8 weeks anyway.

Underdog gear is value for money in my opinion esp in you have limited funds. Any leathers is better than no leathers at all. They work in an off as well. I do have to get the pants repaired though as i broke the stitching on one side in my off @ QR. Going to see Phil @ Highside Leathers today about fixing up the stitching.

Hear good things about tigerangel too but it is expensive and if you got the $$$$ that would be another good option.

Also some of the guys i ride with have been getting Joe Rocket gear which looks pretty good as well and not as expensive as Dainese/Alpinestars etc.
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

re: Underdog Clothing - Any Comments?

Postby Ratmick » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:25 pm

Some further info...

Tried on the pants and jacket in question. No go. Jacket wasn't too bad, weighed a ton though. The pants however were a problem. Too long for my thigh/waist size. and the press-stud at the waist kept popping when I sat on a bike. Most pants have a velcro tie over the top of the press-stud to stop this happening, not these.

May get an Underdog set of leathers custon-made and just wear an oversuit.

Tanya> Any joy with yours? I have been talking to Joe from Underdog for the last week or so, would you like me to ask where the due shipment has disappeared to?
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby gav1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:48 pm

i was in syd last week and went to a place up in the blue mountains with a mate to check out some leather gear - it's custom made and they do the "race look" 2 pieces (ie, rossi replicas, etc) seem to be pretty good for the price (mate ordered a custom fit kwaka one, with slider provision, kevlar stitching and badges aplenty hehe - all for abotu $650)
if anyone is interested (would be better for syd people so they can go and try some on and have a looksee) pm me and i'll forward the email to you
gav1
Warming up
Warming up

Postby ttc » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:01 am

Ratmik, apparently the shipment is arriving in Oz on the 10th March. That makes it 12 weeks since it was ordered, I just hope it's worth it cos i'm at the stage where i really wish i hadn't bothered. :(
ttc
Team Black

Bike: Z1000

Postby Ratmick » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:03 pm

tanyathecheeky wrote:Ratmik, apparently the shipment is arriving in Oz on the 10th March. That makes it 12 weeks since it was ordered, I just hope it's worth it cos i'm at the stage where i really wish i hadn't bothered. :(

That's good to know. I have a cut-off date for delivery of the leathers of the end of April, which he said would be ok. However, the order needs to be in by the end of February, which leaves nine weeks. Not sure if this'll be a hard date or not if yours have taken 12. :cry:
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Postby idh959 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:22 pm

I've also been considering an underdog suit. Is there anyone in Sydney that stocks them for a preview?
idh959
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Ratmick » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:55 pm

idh959 wrote:I've also been considering an underdog suit. Is there anyone in Sydney that stocks them for a preview?

The only people listed on their website are a couple of retailers in Melbourne. You could drop this guy a line:

mailto:udlnsw@underdog-leathers.com
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Postby I-K » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:33 pm

idh959 wrote:I've also been considering an underdog suit. Is there anyone in Sydney that stocks them for a preview?

I'm the Canberra rep for Underdog...

...because we focus on custom-fit suits over standard-size off-the-rack stuff, we don't do much direct contact with the accessory retailers. The way it usually works, you contact your local area rep (yours would be a bloke by the name of Ed Halvorson, his number can be found on the website), arrange to see him (he makes it easy by hanging out at the My White cafe up the Old Rd all weekend most weekends, I typically either visit potential customers at home, or they drop by my place at whatever time suits them), he'll show you the goods (being the biggest local-area distributor, he maintains a healthy range of samples), detail what happens from there, and he'll do so a couple of orders of magnitude better than a bikeshop casual with another five customers to service.

The biggest potential problem is what Tanya's going through. We operate on a cycle; orders get taken for a month, then they get sent off to be made as a batch, which takes a few weeks, then they get consigned to the vagaries of international freight-forwarding and customs inspections in the post-9/11 world, same as what happens if you order an out-of-stock piece of bling for the bike. If you come in right at the start of an order cycle, you could be up for a long wait if everything gets dragged out, but the opposite can also be the case. The longest I've had a customer wait for a suit was, like Tanya, just on three months, but I've also snuck people in just as a batch was closing, and, after evertyhing went off without a hitch in transit, they've had their suit within, literally, three weeks.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.
I-K
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Suzuki
State: New South Wales

Postby ttc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:37 pm

*bump*
Got my jacket
ttc
Team Black

Bike: Z1000

Postby Ratmick » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:47 pm

tanyathecheeky wrote:*bump*
Got my jacket

Decided not to risk it and went the full goretex Element suit from Tiger Angel. Expensive though, custom-made about $1100 :shock: , but it'll actually fit, unlike most of the other off-the-peg stuff.

Made here in Melbourne as well, not in Pakistan. So if they don't get their finger out I can go in and sit on the doorstep. Naked if need be...not a pretty sight, but it should get results. 8)

Actually they seem really nice. They've moved me up the queue so I can get them before the trains disappear on the 16th of April.
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Postby greenmeanie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:39 pm

tanyathecheeky wrote:*bump*
Got my jacket

Hows it fit :?: got a pic :?:
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R

Postby aardvark » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:53 pm

Ratmick wrote:before the trains disappear on the 16th of April.

Dissapearing trains? Is that courtesy of Mr. Copperfield?
aardvark
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: Yamaha
State: South Australia

Postby Neka79 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:34 am

for ne SA guys, i took my jacket into walden miller for a few patches were i crashed..i dropped it off on thur arvo, they quoted me me $110 and called me fri arvo to tell me it was done (i needed it for sat), it cost me $90 and they even dropped it to me at work (abt 1km down the same road) after they finished at 5pm as i didnt have a method of transport (no lic and no car )..ive seen sum wikid joe rocket ,dianese,alpy etc stuff on shelves, but ill b giving WM 1st shot when i need my next suit, see wot they got ...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Postby Ratmick » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:29 pm

aardvark wrote:Dissapearing trains? Is that courtesy of Mr. Copperfield?

No, courtesy of Premier Bracks. He's ripping up and replacing the lines to make sure I can get to work seven minutes early.

http://www.vline.vic.gov.au/service.shtml#Regional

...but only go there if you can't sleep. 8)
Ratmick
Team Hornet

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion