Helmets..?? Whats Hot.?

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

re: Helmets..?? Whats Hot.?

Postby Russell » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:47 am

Sounds like you've made up your mind already Dave, but after my off last year, I replaced my AGV cheapo helmet with the HJC CL14. Cost me $320 and I'm happy with it. Fits my noggin really well - best fit I could find. Only thing that I didn't like initially was when the visor is all the way up, I can still see it (just) in the top of my vision - I'm used to it now tho.

Also, I disagree with other peoples comments about restricted vision - I reckon it's great.

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
Russell.
2002 ZZR600
Russell
Team ZZR

Bike: ZZR600
State: New South Wales

Postby mickyboy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:17 pm

Hmmm...that Nitro looks pretty good for the $$$....maybe I should consider getting into MCA and trying one on !!
mickyboy

Postby Strika » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:23 am

Helmet advice- Find one with a composite shell, not thermoplastic. So you will need to look in the middle price range at least. Then try on all the models you like and find the one that FITS YOU THE BEST. Then run around and shop the crap out of the price till you find someone who is desperate to sell one. Outgoing lines are usually slashed in price.

From crash experience you can't go past a Shoe or an Arai. Both these are quiet expensive but boy do they fit well, last a long time and protect you. I have had a number of fast and slow get offs with these two brands on my head with no concussions. Other brands I have worn- AGV,AXO have given me a thumping head ache after. Yes I appreciate that it may have been the way i hit, however I am just passing on my experience. :wink:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Re: re: Helmets..?? Whats Hot.?

Postby Smitty » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:48 am

Strika wrote:Helmet advice- Find one with a composite shell, not thermoplastic. So you will need to look in the middle price range at least. Then try on all the models you like and find the one that FITS YOU THE BEST. Then run around and shop the crap out of the price till you find someone who is desperate to sell one. Outgoing lines are usually slashed in price.

mate
correct
see here for our helmet buying guide (our KSRC site has everyfing :) )

http://www.ksrc-au.com/html/buying_a_helmet.html

From crash experience you can't go past a Shoe or an Arai. Both these are quiet expensive but boy do they fit well, last a long time ..snip...:

and
imo, not correct....
brand choice depends on whether the helmet fits YOU
..Arai do not fit my head, never have, prolly never will..ditto SHARK
Shoei and AGV fit me beautifully so I stick with them...
my brother finds HJC Shark and KBC fit him..Shoei do not
so as I said
get what fits you.

cheers
GOTTA LUV the 12R!!
Smitty
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX12R
State: Victoria

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion