Leather Repairer Brisbane

Riding gear and Clothing Discussion

re: Leather Repairer Brisbane

Postby Nanna10r » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:26 pm

Ok Found him, Phil from Highside. 0417 723799. 13 Highbury st. Acacia Ridge. About to go Visit him n see what Pre Xmas coin damage he can do.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Poppy Hops on .... CBR150 (Superlite) CBR954 "Blade"
Nanna Naps on .... MoriWAKI NSR85 (Motolite) ZX10R "Crim"
We may ride like Old Can'ts, But Phuk we look DOOG !!!!!!
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Bike: ZX10R
State: Queensland

Re: re: Leather Repairer Brisbane

Postby Nanna10r » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:11 am

beryl wrote:Brett the guy at Acacia Ridge comes highly recomended as a guy that charges little and talks endlessly and is a known repairer of racing leathers a lot of people get second handies off him.

This is "THE" Guy his name is Phil - Hi Side Leather Repairer 13 Highbury st, Acacia Ridge 0417 723799. Works from home & is Mobile but has a pretty good range of second hand stuff in his workshop under the house.

Charged me $20 to make a metal zip out of 2 zippers n fit it into my leather jacket (Bargain imo). I Will be buying a second hand set of Kadoya leathers today for $400. I also asked if he would discount back braces as I know that a few of us will need to get some soon. Normally $95 each i'll post what the discounted price is this afternoon after i get back.

Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Postby Nanna10r » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:44 pm

[quote="PontikatThis is "THE" Guy his name is Phil - Hi Side Leather Repairer 13 Highbury st, Acacia Ridge 0417 723799. Works from home & is Mobile but has a pretty good range of second hand stuff in his workshop under the house.
I also asked if he would discount back braces as I know that a few of us will need to get some soon. Normally $95 each i'll post what the discounted price is this afternoon after i get back.
Cheers Brett[/quote]

Ok Phil is THE leather guy for Brissie he has agreed to a price of $80 each for the Back Protectors just mention KSRC for the discount.

Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Postby Blackzxr » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:30 pm

Pontikat wrote:[quote="PontikatThis is "THE" Guy his name is Phil - Hi Side Leather Repairer 13 Highbury st, Acacia Ridge 0417 723799. Works from home (if you know what i mean) :wink: & is A Mobile butt, has a pretty good range of second hand stuff in his workshop under the whore house.
I also asked if he would discount back braces as I know that a few of us will need to get some soon (don't need to change this bit to make it funny). Normally $95 each i'll post what the discounted price is this afternoon after i get back, from rooting Phil.
Cheers Brett
Ok Phil is THE leather guy (if you know what i mean "Growl") for Brissie he has agreed to a price of $80 each for the Back Protectors just mention i like swinging from the ceiling and mention KRC(Kawasaki Riders Club) for the frequent flyer discount.

Cheers Brett

pasta_whipping
Rob

Black 03 ZX6R
BA XR6T

I used to have a handle on reality, but it broke.
Blackzxr
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Nanna10r » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:36 am

Jezas Rob n not one mention of "Me Mum" ....... :shock:

/emotes

Points ar Robs Mouth "add more alcohol here" :roll:

Cheers BIG EARS.
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Postby greenmeanie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:11 am

Riding mate gave me his number on sunday after i tore the side out of my leather pants(broke the stitching actually)........think i will have to go pay him a visit. Mate actually bought a 2nd hand set of die easy .....umm i mean dainese leathers off him(not sure what he paid though).

I have heard about this guy in the past and guys have said to go see him at the end of a race season as a lot of guys trade/sell their leathers then.
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby greenmeanie » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:36 pm

I went and saw Phil @ Highside Leathers today and dropped off my leather pants to get some stitching done. I have to say that Phil is another one of the nice guys in the local motorcycle industry. Had a good chat about the kwakas seeing he owns a z1000(classic z) 8) . Soon as he seen my bike he said to me i know how to make these things go real quick :twisted: ...........awesome. Got some useful info off him.
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Nanna10r » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:20 pm

Yep Phils a Legend, loves his Kwikas & knows his Sh!t. Damn top bloke n can save you heaps of coin. Wish there was more like him.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Postby Nanna10r » Wed May 04, 2005 10:47 pm

Ok just a bit of an update about "Phil the Leather Legend". The Back Protector that he made n sold me (one size fits all with Adjustable Waist n underarm straps) was a little bit too long n wide n i was considering selling it n buying a flash one from a shop.......
Well anyway I was Going to visit Red Dave yesterday n thought i'd wear the brace n drop in to see if Phil could Trim it to make it Fit me better.
I was pleasantly Surprised to find that Phil now has them in 4 different sizes n Swapped mine for a smaller one no Dramas.
I thnk he's still doing them For $80 a throw if you mention "Brett" & KSRC.
You Brissie Guys should pay him a Visit he also has a coupla pairs of NEW leathers plus the usual decent range of Second 1 n 2 piece suits at a pretty good price.
Oh n on a final note He showed me some Gloves he had Repalmed with Kevlar for some of the local Racers. They last 4 times as long n feel great.
Cheers Brett
"Nan & Pop Racing"
Nanna10r
Team Ninja

Previous

Return to Riding Gear Discussion