ZZR seat retriming at home?

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

ZZR seat retriming at home?

Postby Kowasaki » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Hey guys, I need to get the seat on my new ZZR retrimmed. I've done flay dirt bike seats before but never anything with a concave. I've seen a few people do I on youtube and it looks simple enough but how easy/gard is it really going to be to get whatever fabric I use to sit in the concave properly? And what should I use and where should I look for it? Would hate to pay for it to be done after I've saved so much doing the body repairs myself haha..
Cheers,
Kowasaki

Bike: ZZR250
State: Queensland

Re: ZZR seat retriming at home?

Postby BrettZZR » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Maybe have a look HERE.

And look at my thread for a couple of (oversize) pics. (Sorry about the pic size - ImageJack recently changed their setup and even though I'm a paid member it has screwed up all the images I've ever posted - CBF sorting them out. Best to "wrongclick" images you want to see and "open in a new tab" etc.)

(-8

Oh and welcome to ZZR ownership. Let me know if you are looking for more ZZR-specific info.

Oh and (2) I removed the vinyl cover - seemed logical to me. But I've heard it said that if the seat gets really wet and soaks the foam it will take the rest of your natural life to dry out, so if "parked in the rain" is a likely scenario, then leave the vinyl on...
BrettZZR
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZZR1100
State: Western Australia

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods