Switch to full style
Bodywork Modification Discussion.
Post a reply

Barge Powaaaahhhhhh !!!!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:50 pm

yeh baby - those cheap Chinese fairings which don't fit well and look like shit.

Allegedly.

This is the new bodywork for the mighty Barge. Look close and you can see the touring bars :lol: :lol:

those 1-piece bars are without doubt, the best modification I have ever made to the Barge. So comfy :kuda:

Re: Barge Powaaaahhhhhh !!!!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:52 pm

How much did you have to drill and cut to fit the fairings? ;-)

Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Looks good by the way :-)

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:04 pm

That does look like the ducks guts.

Can you post up a pick of the bars please ? It's the only thing that bugs me about mine. The bars are still about 2" too far away for long distance travel even with the bar risers.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:18 pm

looks different in Green. A nice change I reakon.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Looks fukkin ace! 8)

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Sweet as 8)

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Looks ok ...from a distance Gos. :kuda:

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Sure does tart it up mate. :kuda:

And not a bit of checker plate in sight. :shock:

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 pm

dutchy wrote:......How much did you have to drill and cut to fit the fairings? ;-)........

:lol: a few of the smaller holes needed some plastic dags cut away.......and the fairing inners are shite.......but overall it fitted up pretty well.

kawasinley wrote:.......That does look like the ducks guts. Can you post up a pick of the bars please ? It's the only thing that bugs me about mine. The bars are still about 2" too far away for long distance travel even with the bar risers......

no probs I'll do a close-up tomorrow. These are just stock 350LC bars sitting on 30mm risers, from the OEM top clamp. Didn't need a longer clutch cable or brake lines - throttle lines are fine fitted u/side down. Do need to modify the steering lock, will lose maybe 15mm of travel at full lock, which is bugger-all really.

Blurr wrote:.....looks different in Green. A nice change I reakon......

it does look good in the flesh mate - for $450 delivered to the PO box, this bodywork will do the job until I source all the OEM '05 stuff from the US. In no hurry to do this but would like a complete set of stock bodywork tucked away in the 4th........

kawadave wrote:....Looks ok ...from a distance Gos. :kuda:....

:lol: bazinga :kuda:

John I have thought about some checkerplate but maybe not this time around..... ;) but never say never.....

8)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:00 am

Will we see it in person at the Supers? Looks tops Gos :)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:33 am

Thats come up really well! Nice one Gos :)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 am

Looks like you are planning on keeping up with the CDT freight train this year. ;) :twisted:

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 am

Nice Gos, another one back on the road from the 4th :D

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Gosling1 wrote:..........
John I have thought about some checkerplate but maybe not this time around..... ;) but never say never.....

8)

Mate you can buy stick on stuff just to keep up appearances... :twisted:
Post a reply