tidy tail fine

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

tidy tail fine

Postby cshatfire » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:01 am

so i got fined for having no mud guard and reflector on my bike, just the nice tidy tail and mini indicators, $100 fine defective vehicle, since when does a road bike go in mud, and why dont they get the people driving death traps of cars than fining me for a petty thing like no mud guard, also why sell tidy tails in bike shops if they are illegal, not fair on my bike now its ugly
cshatfire

Bike: Z750
State: Queensland

Re: tidy tail fine

Postby born green » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Yep, hear u mate, they seem to be getting a bit carried away up there in QLD.
lot of things u can buy that are illegal, case of buyer beware mate, tho having said that, i ran a nice homemade one on my 03 Z1000 with no number plate light for a couple of yrs and never got grief over it, did the same on my ZX10r again no number plate light, and often got pulled over up the spur's, yet they defected my girlfriends 636 for same thing!!! and no i dont suck up to them, dont have a lot of time for the filth, so work that one out???
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: ZX10R
State: Victoria

Postby greenmeanie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:59 pm

It's just random. Ask redzedx7r........ :P
Glenn
2009 ZX10R
greenmeanie
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby woteva » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 am

Cops in SA have been hot onrear fenders for a few years here now. I was told it was part of the ADR's and thats why they could defect for it.
Just did a quick search and found this -->http://www.adrs.50g.com/mudguards_7_LL_Vehicle_standards_bullitin_ADR.jpg
ZX6R 1998
GPX250 2006 -- SOLD
http://www.bikepics.com/members/woteva/
woteva
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: ZX6R
State: South Australia

Postby dickfaber » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:19 am

woteva wrote:Cops in SA have been hot onrear fenders for a few years here now. I was told it was part of the ADR's and thats why they could defect for it.
Just did a quick search and found this -->http://www.adrs.50g.com/mudguards_7_LL_Vehicle_standards_bullitin_ADR.jpg

that states that all motorcycle controlls are standardised (like hell they are). so those same officioius bastards are going to pull over and fine every old pommy bike and wla harley for 'non-standardised foot and hand controlls'?
I am a bilingual illiterate; i can't read or write in two different languages
dickfaber
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Bike: ER6
State: New South Wales

Postby cshatfire » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 am

z750.jpg
z750.jpg (167.57 KiB) Viewed 7313 times

so this is the aftermath of my fine, i had to add the stupid reflector and guard, still think its illegal, at least it wont attract as much attention
cshatfire

Postby seiko1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 am

I like that colour scheme :D
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX14R

Postby Gosling1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:10 pm

This is hardly news for punters riding in Qld is it ? They have been booking riders for years now for stupid things like this - I saw a thread on one of the SE QLD sportsbikes riders forums a few years ago, where the cops had actually made up some sort of timber 45deg *angle* thing, which they would just hold up against the back of your bike !!! If the mudguard didn't extend past the timber angle - instant fine !! The science of this just underwhelms me totally...... :roll: :roll:
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Jonno » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Gosling1 wrote:This is hardly news for punters riding in Qld is it ? They have been booking riders for years now for stupid things like this - I saw a thread on one of the SE QLD sportsbikes riders forums a few years ago, where the cops had actually made up some sort of timber 45deg *angle* thing, which they would just hold up against the back of your bike !!! If the mudguard didn't extend past the timber angle - instant fine !! The science of this just underwhelms me totally...... :roll: :roll:

Yep that happened a lot on Mt G, he pulled me over (around 2006 I think) and comes at me with this now famous wooden set square, I laughed at him and said you cant use that!!! ... I argued quoting Australian standards about calibration on his timber square (or lack of ) and how the ground wasnt measured for level and he couldnt tell me if it was measured with me or my gearbag on or off the bike and I did happen to mention a battle in court, he looked a bit baffled, didn't have any come back other than to tell me to getonmebike quicksmart as I asked to take a photo of it for reference. I obliged as his demeanour was starting to change and I could see he was starting to glance at the bike again. :)
I wonder how many were booked and accepted it with this wooden device.
That is the only time ever I have argued my way out of a ticket.

Bullshit does beat brains like my old man said once... BUT I did get done for it in Caboolture later on then down here in Adelaide on different bikes :lol:
Last edited by Jonno on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno
Mobile Chicane

Bike: Other Kawi

Postby Nosferatu » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Gosling1 wrote:This is hardly news for punters riding in Qld is it ?

Nup, hardly new. Got done for it myself a couple of years back on a group ride. Probably by the same bike copper. What they don't tell you is that it's a mark on you for the "anti-hooning" laws. Get 3 of them and they take your bike off you because you're a danger to the general public. How they came about that with a fender eliminator is beyond me. The idiot plod told us it stops stones flying up onto people behind you and oncoming vehicles. Pity the stupid things sit too far away from the back wheel to be of any use as a mudguard. Out of the 8 bikes that were in our group, the only ones that were throwing stones around were the ones with stupid christmas trees hanging off their back end. This is how they claim they're keeping our roads safe? Keep up the good work QPS, it's good to see you keeping the criminals off the road.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Nosferatu
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby cshatfire » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:28 am

the cop also said that no only does the mud guard have to be past that 45 degrees angle it also has to the the width of the tire the whole way, from memory most of bikes mud guards don't go all the way at the width of the tire,
cshatfire

Postby robracer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:34 am

cshatfire wrote:the cop also said that no only does the mud guard have to be past that 45 degrees angle it also has to the the width of the tire the whole way,

Like this :roll:
Attachments
$(KGrHqUOKnQE3dH)vYufBOEP3!hIzg~~0_35.jpg
$(KGrHqUOKnQE3dH)vYufBOEP3!hIzg~~0_35.jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 7251 times
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby pittster » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 am

Hahah standard instant money grab happens in NSW too not as often Vic & Qld but. If i remeber right the Gen 3 zx-10 got delayed into aus cause they had to may "arse penis" to hang out the back.

The irony is like the picture above even the ADR approved legal fender from the manufacturer is going to do sweet F-all against rain rocks etc stupid stupid laws. I havent run a reflector, standard fender or even a visible rego label (it's in the boot some kid's ripped it off :lol: ) in 5 years but it's a matter of not if i get done for them but when :D
Kawasaki ZX-10R 2008 - R77 Yoshi full system, PC3 Custom Mapped, Benneli bar end mirrors, Puig Double Bubble, Radiator protector, CircuitOne Mirror blanks, Pazzo levers, Shift-I, etc
pittster
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Gosling1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:09 pm

cshatfire wrote:.....the cop also said that no only does the mud guard have to be past that 45 degrees angle it also has to the the width of the tire the whole way, from memory most of bikes mud guards don't go all the way at the width of the tire...

next time some over-zealous walloper starts to quote stuff like this - ask him for the *exact* section of the relevent legislation that he is quoting from. Some of them know their stuff backwards - and some don't.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby born green » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Throwing up stones!! what a load of SHIT, and the width ha ha, so when do rear guards come down that far as wide as the tyre??? last time i remember that was the old Z900, and they even shortened them. But then i havent seen to many cops with brains, thats why they join the filth force, no one else will employe them, and rightly so!!
96 ZX7R roady
07 ZX10R tracky. to many mods to list here!
95 tickford XR6,
SO MANY KAWASAKI'S SO LITTLE TIME
born green
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Next

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods