For those that say that Chinese knockoffs off are OK

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

Re: For those that say that Chinese knockoffs off are OK

Postby robracer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:55 am

Daisy wrote:And Rob, sometimes OEM doesn't work fine. Like my non adjustable clutch lever ...

Well with the ownership of over 40 bikes not once have I had a problem with OEM...... seems I am lucky then :D
NB:That does not include the usual wear & tear with say over 30,000 Km on the clock when things get a little bit sloppy :lol:
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R
State: New South Wales

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 am

You mean that you've owned over 40 bikes and never had to change something because it didn't suit you? Never changed a shock or a set of fork springs? ;)
Given the choice between the non adjustable OEM lever and $200 for Pazzos I would have put up with it (and just added it to the ever growing list of things I don't like about this bike), but for $50 I solved the problem - and unlike the gixxer rider, I made sure it fitted and operated correctly before I rode the bike. There are already enough people out there trying to kill me, I'm not helping them. :D
dutchy wrote:White bikes are awesome :grin:
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: GTR
State: South Australia

Postby robracer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:36 am

We are talking about levers, of course I have changed parts that justify changing
robracer
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX6R

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:42 am

and for $50 I can justify changing them. :P
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby natty » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 pm

The kids brought me a set for xmas for my prior bike, a VTR1000F.....Looked great..but found after a few uses the brake lever would have to squeezed into the grip to get even half of its braking power ...& it did not matter where you had the lever adjusted too....off it came & the OEM went back on...full braking power & 2 finger braking restored. Not a problem on the clutch side although the black soon faded to a purple tint after being parked out in the sun at work over a few weeks.

ASV's or Pazzo's only for the Zed :D
'11 Z1000 (hers) '10 GSXR750 (his) '93 CBR600F (his race) '98 VTR1000F (shared track bike)
natty

Bike: Z1000

Postby Glen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Daisy wrote:and for $50 I can justify changing them. :P

Seriously, you are happy to put your life in the hands of a cheap shit lever for the sake of what , an extra $150 to get decent ones if that's what you want.
It's really all about standing around drinking Dave's beer.
2008 ZRX1200 Greeeeen Roadie
2016 KTM Superduke 1290 Oraaaaange
2016 Seadoo RXTX300
Too many toys.......work is getting in the way!!!!
Glen
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZRX

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:02 pm

robracer wrote:....OEM work perfectly ;).....

exactly. Better off spending $200 on something that actually makes a difference ! :lol: :lol: I can brake with 2 fingers with an OEM brake lever - shorty levers are just pointless expensive bling really, and that's it. They don't make your bike faster or lighter, or give you any better *control* over the levers whatsoever. Anyone who thinks they do is just having a massive flog.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Daisy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Seriously, they fucking work. Just like the rotors. Unlike all the h8trs I actually use them. Maybe I'm just special and every time I buy something from China I get the only one in the country that is any good? :? My bike cost $2400. It isn't worth spending big dollars on and I've had more trouble from the standard linked brake system than the lever will ever give me. I've been in that situation where the front brake comes on by itself. I was doing a U turn across a dual carriageway at the time and then when it freed up I only got to the next set of lights before it locked solid. I didn't crash or fall over, it just stopped.
The gixxer guy had a particular issue that won't affect my bike because it doesn't have a radial mc.

I'm not trying to be a fanboi. I am merely providing positive evidence for the sake of a reasoned debate. If I used Chinese parts and they were shit I'd say so. But I wouldn't say so without having tried them. ;)
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Postby Gosling1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Daisy wrote:.....Seriously, they fucking work......

You mean in the same way that OEM levers just fucking work ?

Shorty levers, wether they are Chinese or Pazzo or Buttfuck West Idaho brand - are a total wank. They are nothing more than pointless expensive (Spazzo) or less expensive (Peking Duck) bling, which does nothing to improve the rideability of a motorcycle. All this palaver about *working better* than OEM levers ....you gotta be joking ?? The fucking clutch plates will seperate just fine with an OEM lever, or one of those *pulling-myself-into-a-frenzy* shorty levers - either way, the clutch will work. Same for the brake. In fact, personally I reckon a shorty brake lever would be less likely to be a *performance* option when you need more than 2 fingers to brake - probably explains why a lot of ASB punters don't use them...... :lol:

From the looks of that link that Phil posted, maybe the Ching-brand levers could be a bit more suss ? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Which doesn't change anything about the fact that they are just pointless bling.

8)
".....shut the gate on this one Maxie......it's the ducks guts !!............."
Gosling1
Team Donut
Team Donut

Bike: Z900
State: ACT

Postby Blurr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 am

Gosling1 wrote:
Daisy wrote:.....Seriously, they fucking work......

They are nothing more than pointless expensive (Spazzo) or less expensive (Peking Duck) bling, which does nothing to improve the rideability of a motorcycle. All this palaver about *working better* than OEM levers ....you gotta be joking ?? The fucking clutch plates will seperate just fine with an OEM lever, or one of those *pulling-myself-into-a-frenzy* shorty levers - either way, the clutch will work. Same for the brake. In fact, personally I reckon a shorty brake lever would be less likely to be a *performance* option when you need more than 2 fingers to brake - probably explains why a lot of ASB punters don't use them...... :lol:

ASBK guys dont use them in Superstock events because they are not allowed ;)

As for the design I think from memory priginal intension of the shortie was to reduce the likelyhood of the lever hitting the deck before the bar end. Performance wise I think they offer little difference, however preference in ergo's does come into just like everything else on ones bike.

As for would I risk it, I have owned both simaltanously on differnt bikes (same model) and couldnt tell the difference in appearence or feel.

I have crashed twice on with the Chazzo's on my 6r and both times they have come in contact witht he tarmac and not broken. FACT ;) cant complain about strength. :D

Now are we debating Quality or functionabilty comapred to brand names as we have 2 different tangents happening here 8)
Chariot of Fury 50cc 2stroke Race bike
Team Gumby in red
SAM & SRT Survived
Blurr
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Wattie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 am

Let's not get caught up in flaming Daisy for using her brain and mechanical skills and implementing a product that makes her riding life easier ( adjustable levers where her stock ones weren't)

I can see that in these situations that pazzos and chazzos would be quite useful. I have no doubt that when fitting these products mechanically adept people would check their functionality before letting themselves loose on Main roads and race tracks.

She is not a criminal for using the "other brands"
Wattie #55
ZX10R "The Crim"
ZX10R "Gumby"
Proudly Supported by Allfixed Automotive 9634 1455
sam & srt, survived
RGM, left a message
Wattie
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: ZX10R

Postby webcase » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Blurr wrote:
Chazzo's

laughing7.gif :lol:

I have Pazzos but i'd never heard or seen the Chinese levers before.BUT if anyone needs to take a file,drill or dremmmel to fit something like a brake or clutch lever then questions need to be asked.
webcase
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Bike: Honda

Postby seiko1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I love Chinese Knockoffs!!!!

or was it that I love knockin off Chinese? (girls that is :twisted: )
Last edited by seiko1 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Policy - Find something simple.....and Complicate it!
seiko1

Bike: ZX14R
State: Victoria

Postby Johnnie5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:29 pm

i got a set on my monster, when i put them on i thought something doesnt seem quite right , it wasnt till 150K later getting down into jenolan caves that the front brakes wouldnt release , luckily carried the old ones under the seat and solved the problem
Johnnie5
KSRC Regular
KSRC Regular

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 pm

Wattie wrote:Let's not get caught up in flaming Daisy for using her brain and mechanical skills and implementing a product that makes her riding life easier ( adjustable levers where her stock ones weren't)

Thanks mate. I think some of these one eyed guys missed that point. ;)
Daisy
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

PreviousNext

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods