Motorbike Detailing?

Bodywork Modification Discussion.

Motorbike Detailing?

Postby Benno » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:33 am

Hey guys,

Finally got my bike from being stuck in storage at mum's place. Problem is, that when it was sitting there, the roof happened to be leaking on it.

Now I have the dilemma of having some rusty looking bolts etc. I've washed it, and have taken some steel wool to the offending bolts, but I'm thinking I'd like to have my bike detailed, to bring back that new feel.

Anyone know of anyone who does this kind of thing in the Melbourne area? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Vespa!
Benno
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Bike: Scooter
State: Victoria

Postby photomike666 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:33 pm

buy a socket set, a tube of Autosol and a roll of polishing rags - a slab of beer may also be in order. You'll learn loads about your bike, get a sore finger and know the job is done properly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07 ZX10R since new, tracky TBA, KX450F, 87 CR250 restoration, GT MTB - I've got serious thrill issues, dude
photomike666
Apprentice Post Whore :-)
Apprentice Post Whore :-)

Bike: ZX10R

Postby Benno » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:02 pm

I own numerous socket sets, lots of rags, I have some brasso and other cleaning products strewn in boxes somewhere.

If I wanted to do it myself, I would. Obviously I dont have time etc. So, back to the first post :lol:
Vespa!
Benno
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby jpbikeboy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:13 pm

Or you could replace the bolts with aluminium or titanium. $$$$ though.
Bikes make the world go round.
jpbikeboy
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Benno » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Money isnt really an issue. I was thinking also of some nickel plated bolts etc. I have them on my drag car, and they look great, dont know how they'd look on the 10 though.
Vespa!
Benno
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby mitch179 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:35 pm

Benno wrote:Money isnt really an issue. I was thinking also of some nickel plated bolts etc. I have them on my drag car, and they look great, dont know how they'd look on the 10 though.

i wish i could say that!!

just once even!
mitch179
KSRC Member
KSRC Member

Postby Slow and wobbly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:09 pm

As it happens I know someone that does this kind of thing regularly. I do!
As I sit here typing my fingers are literaly stained black from having just come in from the garage after buffing and polishing a bike back to near new appearance. It had been let go as an everyday comute and the owner wanted it spruced back up before the warmer weather arrives, and also before it got any worse. hang on I'll just duck out the garage again with the camera and show you........
Ok so the camera cant quite focus in the dark so the pics are a bit blurry and I dont have any before pics to show how grubby the green nine was yesterday. ( just to show off cause I've got 2 sensational zx9r's in the garage I had to push mine into the shots as well, you can see by the daylight pics of my 9 how fastidious I am with cleaning).
Essentialy I can detail any bike with a thorough fairings off clean and degrease to remove road grime, chain lube,bugs etc from all over, buff and polish alloy bits n pieces ( foot and hand controls, wheels, swingarms, frames etc etc etc.) and if possible touch up minor marks and blemishes from acts of gravity. Generaly I can complete most bikes in 8 - 10 hours, I still work a full time job so most of this is after hours but weekends are not a problem either if you want to drop it off on a Sat or Sun. The green 9 I am doing this week was delivered to me by the owner on Sunday afternoon and he will be collecting it again on friday night.
Give me a call if you want to discuss further 0408 378 708. I am in Sunbury
Adrian
Attachments
PICT1416.jpg
PICT1416.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
PICT1419.jpg
PICT1419.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
PICT2337.jpg
PICT2337.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
PICT2344.jpg
PICT2344.jpg (34.21 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
I got a sweater for my birthday. I realy wanted a moaner or a screamer.
Slow and wobbly
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Slow and wobbly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:15 pm

ooooohhhh and I see you have an 05 zx10......... I just picked up an 05 swingarm today to polish up as an exchange item.
I got a sweater for my birthday. I realy wanted a moaner or a screamer.
Slow and wobbly
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Neka79 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:13 pm

slow does a bike in 8 hrs..i use to do mine in abt 4-5... but surely u could do a semi-decent job in just a coupla hours if u tried??

damn..for $400 ill fly over & do it for ya...
Neka
2006 Zeddy 1000
1996 VS series 2 S pak Ute
Neka79
Extreme Post Whore :-)
Extreme Post Whore :-)

Bike: Z900
State: South Australia

Return to Bodywork & Bling Mods