Switch to full style
For general Technical and Performance Discussions
Post a reply

Tyre Warmers

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase some tyre warmers. Has anyone used Emtek...? They heat to 79 degrees, is that high enough..? Some other brands (Hot Hoops) can heat to 100 degrees.

Pls supply feedback, cheers.

Fossi

Re: Tyre Warmers

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Kaneg

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:51 am

Just doing track days no need for 100 too hot

Tyre Warmers

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am

They are 'warmers' not 'heaters'. Like Tim said 100 is too hot anyway. Tyres are usually around 80 when you come off track arent they?

Kaneg :kuda:

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:00 pm

KANEG. :kuda: KANEG :kuda: Can't go past them for price, quality and heat.

We've got a few sets for a number of different bikes, been using the new ones (non digital) since they came out for the last 3 years and never had a problem with them.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Another vote for Kaneg warmers. The new ones are the best value for money warmers by far.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:59 pm

I've had a digital set of his for 6 years at least I'd reckon with no problems.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:33 am

fireyrob wrote:Like Tim said 100 is too hot anyway. Tyres are usually around 80 when you come off track arent they?

Not true. LHS temp coming in at Phillip island?
Termorace on all my rims. If you only do a few track days any warmer is better than none......unless its on fire.

Tyre Warmers

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:36 am

Smiffy wrote:
fireyrob wrote:Like Tim said 100 is too hot anyway. Tyres are usually around 80 when you come off track arent they?

Termorace on all my rims. If you only do a few track days any warmer is better than none......unless its on fire.

Hence the question mark. And it depends which track.

Ive used a temp gun at EC and its always been about 80-85 when I come in. Not saying its right, its just what Ive noticed.
Last edited by fireyrob on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyre Warmers

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:36 am

fireyrob wrote:
Smiffy wrote:

Hence the question mark. And it depends which track.

Ive used a temp gun at EC and its always been about 80-85 when I come in. Not saying its right, its just what Ive noticed.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 pm

We tested the tyre temperature when using the Kaneg Warmers and I'm fairly certain the temperature was around 80 degrees. What was really good about them was that the temperature was even around the tyre.
Post a reply