New tyres

For general Technical and Performance Discussions

Re: New tyres

Postby Strika » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm

z900/zx9 wrote:
Jonnymac wrote:You can go for it on the first corner........;);)

Yep can but don't, nines a little heavier than a 6,plus I like to keep my record intact. ;) How many times have u been at broadford and seen first lap bang of they go,shits me off as it wastes track time and really its a track day not a race. :D

Mate, your doing it the wrong way. With warmers, if you don't have it on your knee from turn one the tyres cool off and lose grip.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" Hunter S. Thompson.
There are really only two questions in life. 1.Which way do i go? 2.What is the lap record?
Strika
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER

Bike: Yamaha
State: Victoria

Postby z900/zx9 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Strika wrote:
z900/zx9 wrote:
Jonnymac wrote:You can go for it on the first corner........;);)

Yep can but don't, nines a little heavier than a 6,plus I like to keep my record intact. ;) How many times have u been at broadford and seen first lap bang of they go,shits me off as it wastes track time and really its a track day not a race. :D

Mate, your doing it the wrong way. With warmers, if you don't have it on your knee from turn one the tyres cool off and lose grip.

Don't worry its not as if I am just putting through it ,I just don't do it at 110% on the first corner.In fact most of the day I ride at about 80% of my capability, unless I decide to chase some one down then its about 90 %.Never at 110% as il like my body in one piece with out any additional brocken bones or bits missing. :D
http://tinypic.com/hu369k.jpg[/img]
[b]Z900, z900RS , H2 Ninja 1000 Supercharged. FPV Supercharged Pursuit ute..
z900/zx9
KSRC Contributor
KSRC Contributor

Postby Fossi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi guys, a quick update, I put on Q3's and they are awesome, thanks for the feedback. Couldn't believe how sticky they were.
Fossi
Warming up
Warming up

Bike: ZX6R
State: Victoria

Previous

Return to General Tech & Performance Talk