Switch to full style
For general Technical and Performance Discussions
Post a reply

im an idiot

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi all, well here goes today I brought my first bike a 91 zzr250, in my hurry to get her on the road I've tipped 1L of engine oil into where I think the clutch fluid goes, I took the cap of the right hand side just under it is a clear looking glass, can anyone tell me what should b in there and how do I get the oil out?

Re: im an idiot

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh dear...
Get a workshop manual.

The engine has a wet clutch, that's where the oil goes.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Got any pics of what you are talking about? Workshop manual is available free online- GPX250 manual with extra bit. GPX is pretty similar anyway.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:32 pm

You're not an idiot mate you just need some help as we all do often!!! Where are you up to with your riding?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

1 litre of fluid won't fit in the clutch reservoir. I think you got it right but pics will confirm.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks all, here's a pic of where I put the oil

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Mate,

there aren't many places 1 ltr of oil will fit. Fair chance you got it right. ;)

Get a look at a manual from this site

cheers Rusty :kuda:

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:07 am

get manual! make sure you didn't overfill it. the little glass tells you how much is in it if you hold the bike level.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:54 am

Can't see the picture but on every bike I've ever owned the clutch uses the same oil as the motor so if its the same and as long as the motor isn't overfilled it should be fine.
Post a reply